• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to clone a store?

bchen521

Hi,

I set up my store and it is running fine, but I would like to open a new store (selling different stuff of course).

I will like to keep the frame work I did for my old store and just create a new DB and link the new store to that DB..

how can I accomplish that?

I copy all the files to the new website folder, but it still link to the old DB as it should..

what class do I need to change to for it to link to the new DB?

(both store front and admin side)

Please help..

Thanks a lot~

Bruce

I'm not sure on my answer but please take some tips;

I'd offer you to backup all the files (firstly) and then simply, to upload a new database name and to running the installation. that's all :) (if there are some files are "crashed" you can restore them from the backup.

Nullachtfuffzehn Thanks alot!

Just edit your includes/configure.php at the bottom and enter your new database connection settings. Also your includes/configure.php. Keep in mind that if you have any contributions installed on this installation that you are making a copy and they have SQL and you use a fresh database then you store might not work.

So I copy your old database to the new one and then just empty the products table, etc.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Archived