• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing permission of configure.php on windows

jetlag

Do I still need to do that? Can you actually change the execute privilege of a file on Windows?

Also, there is no "/osCommerce/"folder on my installation, so I can't run the web service installation as instructed, i.e. www.***.co.uk/osCommerce/

Am this close to giving up :'( . Please help!

In case you receive the warning about incorrect file permissions you would have to ask your host to set them to read only.

The location of the oscommerce files depends on the installation method you use, did you upload the files by FTP / did your host offer an automated installation...

In case you receive the warning about incorrect file permissions you would have to ask your host to set them to read only.

The location of the oscommerce files depends on the installation method you use, did you upload the files by FTP / did your host offer an automated installation...

I ftp'd the contents of the /catalog/ folder to /wwwroot, using CuteFTP.

In that case you would be able to access those files at the following location:

www.***.co.uk/

Those files? I must be confused :lol:

http://www.oscommerce.info/docs/english/e_..._procedure.html says point your web browser to www.my-server.com/oscommerce/

So, I put "www.***.co.uk/oscommerce/" in the address bar, but there is no /oscommerce/ directory. There's an /install/, an /admin/, an /includes/, etc, but no /oscommerce/.

I checked the zip on my machine and it's not there, either.

It's definitely a FOLDER and not a FILE that I'm looking for, right?

Thanks so much for you time, btw. I'm at my wits end!

You didn't create a folder oscommerce, neither a folder catalog on your webserver, so you don't have to look for these folders. The installation guide you are using is a little outdated, better use the documentation.pdf that comes with the download package of oscommerce.

If you would point your browser to:

www.***.co.uk/install/

you would be able to start the installation

You didn't create a folder oscommerce, neither a folder catalog on your webserver, so you don't have to look for these folders. The installation guide you are using is a little outdated, better use the documentation.pdf that comes with the download package of oscommerce.

If you would point your browser to:

www.***.co.uk/install/

you would be able to start the installation

That does the pre-install, doesn't it? The update of the configure.php? I've done that.

To save your time, I'll look at the .pdf (didn't realize there was one!) and see what thay says.

Thank you!

Archived