• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

impending PHP upgrade from 4 to 5 .... question?

Greetings All !

The server I'm on is currently running PHP version 4.4.4. I've been warned that within the next few days, PHP on the server will be upgraded to version 5.2.3.

I'm wondering if this will instantly cause problems with my OSC install? (I can't seem to quickly come up with what version of OSC I have, but it's less than a year old.)

I mean, I vaguely recall reading something about "register globals" being automatically disabled in PHP 5 ??

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

Greetings All !

The server I'm on is currently running PHP version 4.4.4. I've been warned that within the next few days, PHP on the server will be upgraded to version 5.2.3.

I'm wondering if this will instantly cause problems with my OSC install? (I can't seem to quickly come up with what version of OSC I have, but it's less than a year old.)

I mean, I vaguely recall reading something about "register globals" being automatically disabled in PHP 5 ??

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

My Host did the same thing a month or so ago. I asked them what problems I might have. They doubted if I would have any problems at all and indeed I had no problem!

My host supports osCommerce in so far as it is available on cPanel. I think they had already made any required changes before I installed it in April this year. If you are in a similar position then you should be OK. If not, search this forum for the changes needed.

With update to PHP 5 the issues generally are

1)register globals.

2)Register long arrays.

3)allow short tags (set it to true in php.ini)

For register globals udate Your compatability file and let the include code for it be just after include configure.php

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

With update to PHP 5 the issues generally are

1)register globals.

2)Register long arrays.

3)allow short tags (set it to true in php.ini)

For register globals udate Your compatability file and let the include code for it be just after include configure.php

Satish Mantri

What do you mean by "Your compatability file" ?? Are you referring to some sort of add-on module that might be out there for the register_globals issue ?

Thank you,

-= Dave =-

witin includes/functions folder You will find this file.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived