• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Initial Store Set-up

Nanaki

I'm wanting to set-up a store and have been looking around at contributions that I should install before attempting any sales. The store would be an internet-based export business.

I've read up on a lot on contributions, but I have some questions as to whether those of you who are more experienced than me (i.e. all of you) think that yes I should or no I should not use the following:

Search Engine Optimisation Measurement:

SEO Assistant -- keep track of page rank and index positions:

Search Engine Optimised URLs:

Ultimate SEO URLs -- setup more search friendly URLs:

SEO-G -- setup more search friendly URLs and have inbuilt XML sitemap support:

Other Search Engine Optimised Tools:

Header Tags Controller -- setup header tags to include keywords and be more SEO:

Google XML Sitemap Feed -- create a sitemap file to have the website better indexed:

Homepage Changes:

Featured Products -- replace the new products panel with a featured products one to generate targeted business. Admin panel can add/delete:

Product Setup:

Easy Populate & Products Attribute -- populate your store without using the web interface:

Product Sort -- sort products in a way similar to how categories are handled, by using a number system:

Product Pages:

All Products with Images -- create a page that lists all products to let customers choose to view all and also create a page that is easy indexed by search engines:

Product Page Extras:

Product Sort by Dropdown -- sort the products in a category by multiple methods, by best sellers, products name, and by price:

Additional Images Module -- create product pages with unlimited mutiple images that popup in another window, with 3 different sizes. Images can be added/deleted using the Admin panel:

UltraPics/UltraPics Flash -- add up to 8 addition images through Admin. Set images to popup or not to, and choose whether to use Flash or not:

X-Sell -- link products to each other to upsell /suggest items customers might also wish to purchase:

Order Extras:

Order Editor -- edit nearly every aspect of an order can be quickly edited, including adding products, extra fees to an order, and much more:

Contact Us:

Super Contact Us Enhancement -- customise a more detailed Contact Us page:

Those are the ones that I am considering, with my basic understanding on them listed beside each.

I have downloaded copies of osC 2.2 MS2, osC 2.2 MS2 060817, and osC 2.2 MS2 RC1, so I will set-up a store on whichever version would have the highest compatibility.

I am unsure whether I should use the Ultimate SEO URLs or SEO-G.

I am also unsure whether I should use Additional Images or UltraPics with or without Flash.

Also, if I have a lot of trouble doing this, are there any businesses and or individuals that offer a service of installing a set of contributions into osC and making sure that they all work together?

I want to try to do this myself, as such it's going to take me a long time to install and make sure all these add-ons are working in harmony, so any suggestions and or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!