• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please HELP! Going live but have an alignment problem

zer0cm

Hi everyone,

I have a fairly small problem that I am hoping you STS guru's can help me out with.

I have heavily modified my OSC2.2 with STS 4.5 and for the life of me cannot seem to put my finger on this one tiny index page alignment issue. It seems that somewhere between the footer.php, index.php and maintext areas lies the problem.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could take a look and perhaps give me a little guidance towards a resolution.

You can take a look at the site at http://www.discounteuropeanautospares.com.au

I am very grateful in advance for any advice.

All the best! :thumbsup:

Colin.

Are you referring to the fact the "Thawte" image and the copyright stuff isn't cenetered?

:unsure:

If so, try this:

Just above the HTML for the Thawte logo:

<table width="860" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td><div align="center"><script src="https://siteseal.thawte.com/cgi/server/thawte_seal_generator.exe"></script></div></td>
 </tr>
</table>

Add this:

</table></table>

I think it's because of unbalanced table tags.

I counted, and the <table> tag that starts the Thawte image is number 29 in the HTML, but the number of </table> tags to that point is only 26.

So, by my calculation, adding 2 more close table tags (closing tables number 27 and 28) should make the bottom elements center up.

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Are you referring to the fact the "Thawte" image and the copyright stuff isn't cenetered?

:unsure:

If so, try this:

Just above the HTML for the Thawte logo:

<table width="860" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td><div align="center"><script src="https://siteseal.thawte.com/cgi/server/thawte_seal_generator.exe"></script></div></td>
 </tr>
</table>

Add this:

</table></table>

I think it's because of unbalanced table tags.

I counted, and the <table> tag that starts the Thawte image is number 29 in the HTML, but the number of </table> tags to that point is only 26.

So, by my calculation, adding 2 more close table tags (closing tables number 27 and 28) should make the bottom elements center up.

:blush:

Hi Jim, thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I am actually referring to the left and center columns, they should align with the header. You may notice a shift to left by approximately 100 pixels. This issue only seems to occur on the front page only, if you look into the other information links for example, they seem to align with the header correctly.

Thanks.

Good call on the </table> tags.......

:lol:

Nope! No "genius" here.

I only proved I can count up to 29... Hardly "genius" material!!!

Just glad I could help...

;)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Try the web developer extension for firefox - - it has a handy feature where it will visually outline table cells and tables. It helps to see the real cause behind issues like this.

-jared