• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feed Machine - customizing / setting up FTP

ygagnon

Someone here suggested that I used Feedmachine for a project for one of my clients.

Apparently, FTP capability is needed, but not already integrated into the addon.

Has anyone here already implemented FTP capability into Feedmachine?

My PHP programming skills are only beginner level, and I was hoping that someone here might have some code to share with me which demonstrates how to do FTP transfers using PHP.

Also, ... to what extent do I need to customize Feedmachine so that it can send feeds to various different websites (ie: Shopping.com, Shopzilla.com, Nextag.com, etc). Do I need to install/configure multiple instances of the addon -- each of which is customized for the website it needs to push feeds to) -- OR -- will one installation of Feedmachine accommodate multiple different websites? Please advise.

Thanks,

- Yvan

Like I have told you in the other thread you started. Feed Machine creates the Feed. If you would spend some time actually reading the contribution install set up docs and playing with it you would noticed and found the anwser to everything you are asking. You are asking questions that shouldn't be asked if you have installed the contribution. It appears you want someone to hold your hand and do this for you and that's not what this forum is for and why you haven't been replied to.

Yes, FTP is built into the contribution.

Have you installed this contribution yet?

Have you set up accounts with Google Base, BizRate, Yahoo?

Shopping.com and Nextag.com is in the works to be released with Feedmachine in the future, told you this already.

Create your accounts with the sites it does work it and then go to Admin>Configuraton>Feed Settings to enter your FTP information for each site.

Then go to admin>Store Feeds and run your feed. It will automatically send the feed to the respective site if everything is set up properly. That's all their is to it. If you have any problems with it try directing them to the Feedmachine Forum in the contributions section. If you can't find it enter Feedmachine in the search.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• 9 months later...
Like I have told you in the other thread you started. Feed Machine creates the Feed. If you would spend some time actually reading the contribution install set up docs and playing with it you would noticed and found the anwser to everything you are asking. You are asking questions that shouldn't be asked if you have installed the contribution. It appears you want someone to hold your hand and do this for you and that's not what this forum is for and why you haven't been replied to.

Yes, FTP is built into the contribution.

Have you installed this contribution yet?

Have you set up accounts with Google Base, BizRate, Yahoo?

Shopping.com and Nextag.com is in the works to be released with Feedmachine in the future, told you this already.

Create your accounts with the sites it does work it and then go to Admin>Configuraton>Feed Settings to enter your FTP information for each site.

Then go to admin>Store Feeds and run your feed. It will automatically send the feed to the respective site if everything is set up properly. That's all their is to it. If you have any problems with it try directing them to the Feedmachine Forum in the contributions section. If you can't find it enter Feedmachine in the search.

Actually Feed Machine is a contribution by Lech, it does not have FTP built in because Lech sells the contribution with that built in. Shopping and Nextag can be run, you just have to follow the directions and set up the files correctly. Not sure why you were so rude, but you are talking about a different feed system than they are, maybe StoreFeeds or something.

Archived