• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Urgent: How to edit content in OSCommerce

Jarlo

Dear Guys,

I have a big problem today i created a website http://www.giftsandgoodies.com but my problem is I want to edit the whole content of the website like paragraph to add in the top of the website and add some content that will introduce in our product

What should I do Pls. help me I need your urgent reply..

Thanks.

Dear Guys,

I have a big problem today i created a website http://www.giftsandgoodies.com but my problem is I want to edit the whole content of the website like paragraph to add in the top of the website and add some content that will introduce in our product

What should I do Pls. help me I need your urgent reply..

Thanks.

It is quite a vague question, as what your asking could easily take 10 pages to answer.

If your wanting to change the stock look and feel of OSC, I would consider the purchase of a layout template. There are hundreds available, mostly designed by people good at art and design! Do a google search for osc templates, or template monster

It is quite a vague question, as what your asking could easily take 10 pages to answer.

If your wanting to change the stock look and feel of OSC, I would consider the purchase of a layout template. There are hundreds available, mostly designed by people good at art and design! Do a google search for osc templates, or template monster

Not I want to change only the text of my website..

Check includes\languages\ folder.

You would find a file called english.php (or any language that you are currently running)

Most of the content is available as define('TEXT NAME', 'Content you want to edit');

Whatever you define in such files (english.php - is just one - there are more depending upon what content is to be modified) you just have to replace content part as show above.

eg. The title text that says, Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? or Would you prefer to create an account is defined in english.php - as shown below. You can make changes to the text .. to say something like Welcome to My Store! Please Log in Or Register.

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a>? Or would you prefer to <a href="%s"><u>create an account</u></a>?');

You ought to be careful with the changes, since syntax errors would lead to errors / crash - so

a. Before any change - Create a backup.

b. If you get any syntax errors - read php resources on what does the error mean - or ask specific question in the forum (along with code snippet)

c. Some errors wouldn't show up - but you would get a blank page - indicating you have modified some part of code (instead of text) and it is not compiled properly.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Check includes\languages\ folder.

You would find a file called english.php (or any language that you are currently running)

Most of the content is available as define('TEXT NAME', 'Content you want to edit');

Whatever you define in such files (english.php - is just one - there are more depending upon what content is to be modified) you just have to replace content part as show above.

eg. The title text that says, Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? or Would you prefer to create an account is defined in english.php - as shown below. You can make changes to the text .. to say something like Welcome to My Store! Please Log in Or Register.

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a>? Or would you prefer to <a href="%s"><u>create an account</u></a>?');

You ought to be careful with the changes, since syntax errors would lead to errors / crash - so

a. Before any change - Create a backup.

b. If you get any syntax errors - read php resources on what does the error mean - or ask specific question in the forum (along with code snippet)

c. Some errors wouldn't show up - but you would get a blank page - indicating you have modified some part of code (instead of text) and it is not compiled properly.

Hope this helps,

Thanks dudes but how about Cpath22 of my website how to insert a piece of text in that area. how do that..

Archived