• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to get rid of "New Products For _____" bar

Gamermatt

so i recently started a topic on how to get rid of the "New Products For _____" bar, and i found out how to do it. i just commented out a piece of php in index.php. now what i need to know, is how to get rid of this same bar, on the other pages. when i click on a category, then the sub categories come up, i still see that bar there. how do i get rid of this? what php do i comment out? my website is http://www.carbodykitstore.com

thanks

If you wish to remove the What's new box from your catelog you have to open catelog/includes/modules/new_products.php and remove all the code from between:

<!-- new_products //-->

<!-- new_products_eof //-->

Which is this code removal:

<?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, strftime('%B')));

new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

if ( (!isset($new_products_category_id)) || ($new_products_category_id == '0') ) {
$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 } else {
$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 }

$row = 0;
 $col = 0;
 $info_box_contents = array();
 while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {
$new_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($new_products['products_id']);
$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
									   'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',
									   'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])));

$col ++;
if ($col > 2) {
  $col = 0;
  $row ++;
}
 }

new contentBox($info_box_contents);
?>

so i recently started a topic on how to get rid of the "New Products For _____" bar, and i found out how to do it. i just commented out a piece of php in index.php. now what i need to know, is how to get rid of this same bar, on the other pages. when i click on a category, then the sub categories come up, i still see that bar there. how do i get rid of this? what php do i comment out? my website is http://www.carbodykitstore.com

thanks

Could have just went into your index.php and commented it out.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Sorry meant to say product_info.php and comment it out.

You just delete the contents of modules/new_products.php then you have a define calling an empty file which could case problems down the road.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

How do you figure.

He is not using products new in his catalog and it has alread called or modules/new_products.php and what problem happened? nothing.

If he decides to use new products down the road he has the knowledge to replace that code, don't ya think?

Sorry meant to say product_info.php and comment it out.

You just delete the contents of modules/new_products.php then you have a define calling an empty file which could case problems down the road.

He is not using products new in his catalog

How else did it show up then?

it has alread called or modules/new_products.php and what problem happened? nothing.

Do what??? That makes no sense.

I said it could cause problems DOWN THE ROAD.

If he decides to use new products down the road he has the knowledge to replace that code, don't ya think?

Don't ya think it would be easier and a lot cleaner to add // then to remove partial code from a file and leave the call in the file calling a empty file?

Archived