• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

State tax being added for out of state customers

brad-sylvester

I have followed instructions but after several attempts I still have the same problem.

No matter were the customer is located (billing and shipment address) the Hawaii State Excise Tax is being added. It should only be added for Hawaii customers.

Please Help.

tks

brad

A common source for this is if you an incorrect zone in admin>configuration>my store>Zone After that, check that you have the tax zone and class set correctly, the part that is missed is after you create a zone, you need to edit it and add Hawaii to that zone.

A common source for this is if you an incorrect zone in admin>configuration>my store>Zone After that, check that you have the tax zone and class set correctly, the part that is missed is after you create a zone, you need to edit it and add Hawaii to that zone.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I did what you suggested and still the tax is being added for out of state customers. The Zone in admin>configkuration?my store> is Hawaii.

I have a tax zone Hawaii. When you click on it country United States, zone Hawaii is displayed.

Tax Class is Taxable Goods.

tks

brad

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I did what you suggested and still the tax is being added for out of state customers. The Zone in admin>configkuration?my store> is Hawaii.

I have a tax zone Hawaii. When you click on it country United States, zone Hawaii is displayed.

Tax Class is Taxable Goods.

tks

brad

After reading another post I deleted the tax rate and added it back in. It worked!!!! Taxes are now only being charged to Hawaii customers.

Thanks for your help.

Brad

Archived