• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to increase page rank

Page rank is completely determined by the number of links linking to your site and the quality of those links. To increase PR, you need to increase those. However, PR is not very useful by itself. You need focus more on getting a better index position in the search engine listings.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

So it means that it is not needed at all to increased page rank. Isnt it pageranks are only for those who likes his site to become famous?. I just don't know if this is correct am also newbie on this and like to increased page rank in my forums too.

External links are not allowed in signature profiles. Please read the forum rules about this. Thanks.

Page Rank is one small part of googles ranking algorithm. It shouldn't be ignored but it is not that important either. You are probably confusing Page Rank with Index Position. The later is where you actaully rank in the search engine listings. For that, you need to add contributions like the Header Tags Controller and Ultimate SEO, as well as making other changes to the site. Searching the forums for SEO will provide a lot of links where various aspects of this are discussed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

your page rank will increase as you get more links to your site, providing they are from pages that have PR. a site can have a PR of 3 but the internal page you get a link from is PR 0, in time this may change as the site ages.

What is important is the links that you get contain the words you are looking for, the anchor text is your keywords. This would be what you are trying to achieve for offsite seo, this in turn will have the knock on effect of increasing your PR. PR is a debate in itself, regardless you need links to promote your web site.

On site SEO is what you will do when tweaking pages to be better suited for certain keywords, using title tags and Search Engine Friendly urls is the way to go as recomended above.

HTH,

Ally

CONTENTS is KING, the more the better and don't forget to add you KEYWORDS to the content a few times, PR is OK but I've seen lower page rank sites at number one because they have much more content on their site and they know how to add H tags and keywords to it, and don't forget to add strong tags and again repeat them keywords but don't over do it as that would be keyword stuffing, about 4-5 times in a is OK...

Regards

To increase your Google pagerank, ie. the number in the google toolbar, you need backlinks to your site from higher pr sites.

External links are not allowed in profile signatures. Please read the forum rules about this. Thanks.

Instead of going for PR go for content.

with oscommerce there is lot of content but all in data base.

So add some code to fetch the contents in pages that google can cache and feel that they are different pages.(try seo url ultimate or seo-g).

Also add some meta tag contrib and google Map.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Backlinks, Backlinks, Backlinks... but (but!) only from the sites w PR > 0.. otherwise it will only hurt you. So stay away from FFA (free for all) link farms and such.

How to get backlinks?

One thing i used for some of my sites was publishing articles to the article distribution system. Also classifieds, adding your website address to your forum signatures, answering yahoo questions, google answers, etc.

- G

Instead of going for PR go for content.

with oscommerce there is lot of content but all in data base.

So add some code to fetch the contents in pages that google can cache and feel that they are different pages.(try seo url ultimate or seo-g).

Also add some meta tag contrib and google Map.

Satish

Go for directory submission.

Satish

You might want to check this out before going daft with directory submissions:

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/the-wisdom-foll...y-link-building

The best advice I can give is use the osC forumns to build a great osC shop.

Do a little searching about for osC seo contributions like the seo urls and title tags already mentioned.

For seo advice look up seo forumns, search for aaron Walsh's seobook or Planet Oceans Unfair advantage.

There is so much froth out there you may do well by looking at a paid service where the advice has some credability not just endless opinions of this and that and the other guy saying the opposite.

Archived