• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HOW DO I ADD IMAGES TO THE HOME PAGE

An example:

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'SBA.gif'); ?>

Just replace SBA.gif with the name of your image.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

the above example will only work for you if the images in question are in your images directory, otherwise use standard html in a standard table structure where you want it

don't get too confused with php, you can use all code together, you just have to figure out the way

HTH

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I AM TRYING TO ADD IMAGES IN MY HOME PAGE ( WHICH IS THE WELCOME PAGE IN OSCOMMERCE ONLINE STORE) THANKS :lol:

Thanks but l tried doing that when l was updating my default text on the page and it not work.

the above example will only work for you if the images in question are in your images directory, otherwise use standard html in a standard table structure where you want it

don't get too confused with php, you can use all code together, you just have to figure out the way

HTH

Thanks however l know nothing and l mean nothing about programming. I saw netfirms marketing this product and sure enough made look as if any one can build a store.I just want to sell few products. Well three months later i am still trying to build a store with no help from netfirms.

post the code from the file you are trying to add to and the code you are trying to add and where you want it to go for more assistance

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

post the code from the file you are trying to add to and the code you are trying to add and where you want it to go for more assistance

....catalog/index.php and i am trying to add my company logo to this.. Thank you

If you have a "standard" osC install, and you currently have the osCommerce logo displayed, and you want to change it, look in /catalog/includes/header.php

This is the code that makes the osCommerce image display:

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

To display your own, put your image in the same folder on the web site the oscommerce.gif file is in (probably the /images folder).

In the above code change this: oscommerce.gif to match the name of your image. If you are on UNIX server, filenames are "case sensitive"!!!

You can also change this part: 'osCommerce' The text inside the single tick marks is what's displayed on a "mouseover".

It would be a good idea to make a backup of any file before making any edits. PHP can be very unforgiving, and a file that doesn't work quite like you want it to is better than one that won't work at all.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

If you have a "standard" osC install, and you currently have the osCommerce logo displayed, and you want to change it, look in /catalog/includes/header.php

This is the code that makes the osCommerce image display:

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

To display your own, put your image in the same folder on the web site the oscommerce.gif file is in (probably the /images folder).

In the above code change this: oscommerce.gif to match the name of your image. If you are on UNIX server, filenames are "case sensitive"!!!

You can also change this part: 'osCommerce' The text inside the single tick marks is what's displayed on a "mouseover".

It would be a good idea to make a backup of any file before making any edits. PHP can be very unforgiving, and a file that doesn't work quite like you want it to is better than one that won't work at all.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM NOW WITH SHIPPING THIS IS THE MESSAGE I GET (An error occured with the canadapost shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use canadapost as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.)

PLEASE DIRECT ME TO READ OR TIPS THANK YOU

I think that's defined in "/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php"

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived