• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Default Zones - others not showing

I cannot find an answer to this except in relation to contributions I am not running so I apologise in advance if the solution is posted elsewhere.

My shop is based in Australia and Australia is the default country when setting up an account.

However the Australian States are coming up as default for all other countries. I dont have a lot of international clients but for the odd US customer this is very frustrating.

What have I overlooked?

Thanks.

Dave

The states are not reset based on the country code until after the page is submitted. Just selecting the country does not reset the states. To do this are are a couple contributions to do this - active countries is one that does work well, unless you use purchase without account.

The states are not reset based on the country code until after the page is submitted. Just selecting the country does not reset the states. To do this are are a couple contributions to do this - active countries is one that does work well, unless you use purchase without account.

Thanks for the response, but the problem I have is that it keeps throwing it up as an error, requesting they select a state but the only states shown are the Australian ones. I have read where you select the country then it sends the customer back to the page with the correct states in the drop down list... mine doesnt do that. The only states shown are the Australian ones.... ever!

It has to be something so simple but I cant work it out.

In the meantime I will take a look at active countries, thanks.

Dave

Check your zones table. If you only have Australian states, then you need to add the rest. Look for World Zones contribution. Very easy to install (only a sql script) and it works great.

Archived