• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store address change

Hi, I have inherited an old version of OSCommerce and need to change the address of my store, currently Money Orders are being sent to the wrong place. The configuration panel does not show the Store Address line and I have scoured through the .php files and the database looking for where the address is kept but can't find it. Can somone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Nigel

Admin>configuration>My Store>Store Address and Phone

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Admin>configuration>My Store>Store Address and Phone

Unfortunately, my version does not have the address there. I am re-building the store in the latest version on a new server however I need to fix this one up temporarily.

You don't have the Admin>configuration>My Store>Store Address and Phone option? What version are you using? Are you sure you are just not overlooking this or it is not set?

Also it is probably set in the payment module for Money Orders? Go to modules>payment>Money Orders click edit and see if the address details are entered in there. But you should have the Store Address and Phone option listed above.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

You don't have the Admin>configuration>My Store>Store Address and Phone option? What version are you using? Are you sure you are just not overlooking this or it is not set?

Also it is probably set in the payment module for Money Orders? Go to modules>payment>Money Orders click edit and see if the address details are entered in there. But you should have the Store Address and Phone option listed above.

As far as I can understand this is version 1.7 of OSCommerce and the item is not in the My Store area of the configuration. In the payment Money Orders area I am able to see the old address but not edit it the only editable option being Allow Check/Money Order. Presumably the address is held in either a .php or the database somewhere? I am happy to hack it is necessary.

Nigel

Fixed it! I have found the file catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/moneyorder.php and changed that directly. I think this set up may well have been hacked by the guy who set it up to force support to go back to him, the sooner I am on the latest version the better I think. Thanks for the reply.

Nigel

I would add this to the database for that module so you could easily edit it next time if you need to.

Archived