• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

email.php mail() timeout issue

girasquid

Hello, all.

I have been tasked with doing support on an osCommerce installation that has about 350 customers. Recently, the owners of the website have been having trouble e-mailing their customers due to a timeout error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\hshome\bellamaa\bellamaas.com\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

This is what line 520 in email.php says:

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

Does anyone know what I would need to change to prevent the script from timing out when it needs to e-mail more users?

Thanks,

Girasquid

No websites? Who gnu?

It's not quite what I'm looking for, although it seems like a step in the right direction. They're clicking on customers in the customer list and then selecting the "Email" option to do this.

No websites? Who gnu?

I had someone recommend that I switch to PEAR::Mailer, which would resolve my timeout issue(because email.php is using the mail() function), but I am not sure how to do this - is there a contribution that will do this for me, or does someone know how?

No websites? Who gnu?

Archived