• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

recieving orders

I posted a question last night regarding receiving an email after order has gone through the checkout process with details of the order. I was told to go to config > my store > send extra order emails to > but nothing happened when i bought a product. I received an email from 2checkout staying an order has been received but no details on what was ordered. Nor is the order showing up under customers > order.

How do I see orders people place? How can I get an email that says what was ordered?

Please Help.

Thank you!

IIRC (ages since I last used it) 2checkout, similar to the regular paypal module, requires the buyer to click a button to return to the shop. If the customers pays and then never returns to your shop, the order will not be added to the database and the order email will not be sent either, obviously. You can either install the recover carts module or call your customer to ask about what they ordered. There is also modue called order logging before payment processing to help against this kind of issues.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

IIRC (ages since I last used it) 2checkout, similar to the regular paypal module, requires the buyer to click a button to return to the shop. If the customers pays and then never returns to your shop, the order will not be added to the database and the order email will not be sent either, obviously. You can either install the recover carts module or call your customer to ask about what they ordered. There is also modue called order logging before payment processing to help against this kind of issues.

I found the problem. point from 2checkout to /checkout_process.php not /checkout_success.php.

Thank you for your help!

excellent! I vaguely remembered we did something but then my client changed to paypal... and for the heck of it I didn't know WHAT we had done.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived