• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help - How Can I use a different style for the categories box?

swiftmed

Hey,

My customer would like a slight modification made to his categories sidebox. he would like for it to be easier to recognise the parent categories because he has so many sub-categories its hard to tell them apart. basiscally he would like for the parent categories to be in bold, and the subcategories to remain as they are in a non-bold font.

how would i go about making the parent categories in a bold font please?

Thanks

are you using the deafult osCommerce categories box where only one topcat is expanded into its subcategories when clicked, and the subcats are indented like here demo.oscommerce.com

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Hey,

My customer would like a slight modification made to his categories sidebox. he would like for it to be easier to recognise the parent categories because he has so many sub-categories its hard to tell them apart. basiscally he would like for the parent categories to be in bold, and the subcategories to remain as they are in a non-bold font.

Thanks

Hi, when a parent category is clicked it is put into bold and the child categories are offset to the right anyway (in 2.2 anyway) so you should need no fix for this.

I hope he is not one of those clients that looked at the index page but was too afraid to click anything and use the site incase he 'broke' it.......I encourage my clients to do the most silly things they can, rather they break it now then when it goes live!!!

If i have misunderstood your question please reply and i will try to help.

regards, web-junkies

Hey,

Thanks

CSS categories boxes

@ Monika - no it is not a default oscommerce installation

@ Bigjat96 - yes it does turn bold when clicked on, but the client wants the parent categories to always be in bold, not just when you click on it.

@toyicebear - that did just the job. thankyou very much indeed for the link.

Thanks for everybodys replies. its much appreciated.

Hi Andy, just a quick tip when you ask questions about looks and/or functionality, always mention if you have a default install or changes in that spot. I stopped answering directly in many cases as I've seen elaborate answers to problems and then an post back from the thread starter, that he was on a template or CRE or what not, and that all suggestions "did not help".

Posting code bits is very helpful also!

Glad to see you have this one working now.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived