• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE SEO QUESTIONS

Leomans

Hi

We have had our oscommerce site up and running for some time. We are listing in the all major search engines, have Google PR of 3, and get some traffic through organic searches.

My question is regarding SEO_URLs - we currently use the standard Search Engine Friendly URL feature, but not the Ultimate_SEO_URLs contribution. I'm beginning to think this is crucial to improving our organic search traffic so I want to install this:

i) We are hosted on windows servers, so cannot use Mod_rewite.

Version Ultimate SEO URLs v2.0 of the contributions includes cname so this is compatible with windows servers, so we could install this. Is this worth while?

ii) Would people suggest we move our site to be hosted on an apache server to get full mod_rewrite functionality. I will be looking at upgrading our hosting package next month so I could do this.

Basically, I'm not sure what the best thing to do is to ensure that we increase our organic search traffic with minimum fuss.

We use protx direct as our payment module, is this fully compatible with the Ultimate_SEO_URLs contribution?

Sorry for the long posting, but I really am not sure what is the best way to go. I would be interested to hear from people with windows hosted sites, who use the Ultimate_SEO_URLs contribution to see how well this works for them.

Many Thanks

Neil