• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SMC and OSC Tricks

shopkeep

I was trying to figure out how to get away from having all my images in one directory for the SMC products and I finally figured a way to do it provided you are not carrying other products. Reason for breaking the image directory up is there are way too many images in one directory to make the maintaining of images an easy task.

Remove the manufacturers boxes from column right or left php. You do not need them. And have all category names duplicated as names for Manufacturers. Every product put in the catalog needs both the category and Manufacturer to match. This will make all images for each category to be with others of its own kind and greatly reduces the size of the /images directory.

I am looking for an SMC freight module that covers not only the ground freight (I have that module up already) but also includes additional modules for shipping to a PO Box and using DHL for Rush freight. If you have such a mod, could you post it to contributions and let us know you have done so here in this thread?

I used EASY POPULATE to download the database in a CSV format and then, using a text editor and Open Office Calc, I was able to make the changes and once again using EASY POPULATE I was able to update the database. Of course, I made sure the pictures were in the correct sub-directories.

This is making my job of managing the catalog so much easier and it would be nice if in the future OSC would make it possible to link a directory and a category for images. But, in the meanwhile, it is sure is great to have contributions in the download area that work.

Archived