• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Request Product Info

Jack_mcs

This contribution adds a button to the product info and shopping cart pages. When the button is clicked, a form appears allowing the visitor to email the shop owner asking for details about the product(s). The contribution is located here.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This contribution adds a button to the product info and shopping cart pages. When the button is clicked, a form appears allowing the visitor to email the shop owner asking for details about the product(s). The contribution is located here.

Jack

Thanks Jack. I can really find a use for this! Thanks for adding this as a contribution. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks Jack for this Contribution.

But i'm also having this problem where the product info does not come thru to the "request-product-info.php" page either in the product_info page or the shopping cart page. you can see my site at

http://www.monpetitchild.net/product_info....;products_id=30

(p.s. i did not install it on the shopping cart page as I will get too many Q's for multiple items)

Thanks

Please reply

Please try this. In the request-product-info.php file, locate this code

$productList = unserialize($_POST['productList']);

and place this after it

echo 'list '.$productList;

Then click on the requst button. What is printed on the screen?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Try changing this line

$productList = $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];

to

$productList[] = $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack.

It now comes thrue to the page. but two things

1) I dont get the product info in the email i get

2) if you submit the form without filling out the form correct the product info gets lost after you get the alert to fill out the correct.

Thanks again

Joel

Thanks Jack.

It now comes thrue to the page. but two things

1) I dont get the product info in the email i get

2) if you submit the form without filling out the form correct the product info gets lost after you get the alert to fill out the correct.

Thanks again

Joel

Find this line
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['productList']))

and add this right before it

$productList = array();

I think that should do it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

nothing changed same 2 issues

here is the code block with the 2 mods.

$productList = array();

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['productList']))

$productList = unserialize($HTTP_GET_VARS['productList']);

else if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']))

$productList[] = $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];

else if (isset($_POST['productList']))

$productList = unserialize($_POST['productList']);

Please help

Joel

Hmm, I don't have an answer for you then. I've installed it into a shop using mysql 5 so I don't that is the issue. It may be php 5 related but it will be a while before I test that. The only thing I can think to suggest is to be sure the search engine friendly option in admin->configuration is turned off. If can cause some strange problems.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...
Hmm, I don't have an answer for you then. I've installed it into a shop using mysql 5 so I don't that is the issue. It may be php 5 related but it will be a while before I test that. The only thing I can think to suggest is to be sure the search engine friendly option in admin->configuration is turned off. If can cause some strange problems.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Did you ever come up with a solution for the email problem? This contirbution would be extremely helpful but not without the details in the email.

It is not practical for me to turn off SEO URLS because other modules depend on it being set to true.

Is there another solution yet?

Thanks,

Carol Ann

Hi Jack,

Did you ever come up with a solution for the email problem? This contirbution would be extremely helpful but not without the details in the email.

It is not practical for me to turn off SEO URLS because other modules depend on it being set to true.

Is there another solution yet?

Thanks,

Carol Ann

No, I haven't had time to work on it. Although, I doubt that it would make a differnece since if it snot failing for me. But, to clarify, I didn't say to turn off Ultimate SEO. I said to turn off the search engine frinedly option. They are not the same.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi guys, I too am struggling with the same issue, everything displays correctly but doesnt email all the info. I didnt copy the code to the shopping cart portion (cause we dont use it) would that be the issue?
No, it can be safely left out. Try the code I posted to see if you get any different results. Also be sure the SEO Friendly option is turned off.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have tried the code you supplied earlier in this post with no difference. Also, I made sure the SEO friendly is off. I have double and triple checked code and everything seems fine. I know you mentioned SQL versions, do you think different versions would be causing problems?

James

Well, I am not too sure. I am not a "coder" just a "modifier" lol. I am using OSC (2.2 MS2 (060817). It the upper portion of "index.php" it say 1.1... This contribution is exactly what I am in need of and seems to be the only one out there. I am sure you are a very busy guy but if you could help to get this to work it would be greatly appreciated.

-James

That version is fine. I can't think of anything else that would cause the failure though. Without actually worknig on the problem though, I'm out of ideas to fix it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi again Jack, I do understand this is difficult to trouble shoot but I am in real need of this contribution, is there any way I could persuade you to look at my files and see what might be wrong? I really hate to trouble you but we dont display prices and I have no way of having the customer request a price without them manually filling out simple info like product name, model number, etc.. I really would appreciate the help :)

-James

PS I am using STS if that helps.