• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Please Download setup not working on live site...

Hangar11

Hi All

I have been working on this all day... Download feature is not working on my "live site".

www.hangar11.com x15 is the test dload file..... 0.00 cost....

I set up a test site on the same server and it works fine...

The only differeance is the version of OS running on the test site is 2.2 + buysafe vs 2.2 w/o buysafe...

I'm really rattled on this one.. tried loading / unloading... etc... goes thru all of the sale.. just does not create a link for the dload....

Any and all help would be appreciated.....

Bobby B

After further investigation it appears OS is NOT putting the file to be dloaded in a sub directory under pub..... [ pub permissions are correct [ same as permission on the test site that works...

HELP.....

Hi All

I have been working on this all day... Download feature is not working on my "live site".

www.hangar11.com x15 is the test dload file..... 0.00 cost....

I set up a test site on the same server and it works fine...

The only differeance is the version of OS running on the test site is 2.2 + buysafe vs 2.2 w/o buysafe...

I'm really rattled on this one.. tried loading / unloading... etc... goes thru all of the sale.. just does not create a link for the dload....

Any and all help would be appreciated.....

Bobby B

After further investigation it appears OS is NOT putting the file to be dloaded in a sub directory under pub..... [ pub permissions are correct [ same as permission on the test site that works...

HELP.....

Bobby,

Try doing a comparison of the files from your live shop and the test shop using a file compariosn tool such as Beyond Compare. Maybe you will notice something not quite configured correctly in your live shop by doing the compare.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Bobby,

Try doing a comparison of the files from your live shop and the test shop using a file compariosn tool such as Beyond Compare. Maybe you will notice something not quite configured correctly in your live shop by doing the compare.

Great Idea.... and thats why I did the same offline side by side shop.. the configuration AND files are the same... been checking and rechecking... I'm even using the same files for test dload...same shipping, same payment mode , same SSL server, same PHP server /

The only differance is the OS commerce version...

I want to upgrade but upgrading on my server / system is a major project.... last time I tried my website crashed HARD adn I had to reload from a server back up...

I still need help.. there has to be one config file or permission not set right... [ download and pub permissions are correct... ] yes the "/" are present....

UGH!....

HELP PLEASE.....

Bobby B

GOT IT......

Issues were three fold....... Listing here to help others who may run into similar issues... .

1- Permissions on download dir were incorrect.

2- "/" missing from config file pointing to the download directory.

3- Permissions on pub dir were incorrect.

I hope this helps someone else...

Bobby B

PS: My compliments to the group developing OScommerce... great program and the support posts helped me solve my issue...

Question.... Anyone working on a smooth interface to Quickbooks PRO.... I looked at THUB a while back... not quite... but close....

Great Idea.... and thats why I did the same offline side by side shop.. the configuration AND files are the same... been checking and rechecking... I'm even using the same files for test dload...same shipping, same payment mode , same SSL server, same PHP server /

The only differance is the OS commerce version...

I want to upgrade but upgrading on my server / system is a major project.... last time I tried my website crashed HARD and I had to reload from a server back up...

I still need help.. there has to be one config file or permission not set right... [ download and pub permissions are correct... ] yes the "/" are present....

UGH!....

HELP PLEASE.....

Bobby B

Archived