• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Installing template

ispark

Hi, I just installed osCommerce 2.2 via a one-click installation on my web host service 110mb.com.

I want to install a templat to it, so I downloaded this template:

template

But I don't know how to install it. I've never gone through the osCommerce installation, all I did was install it through the one-click method on my web hosting service.

Please all help would be appreciated. If you know of a service that can install it for me that would be great!

Hi, I just installed osCommerce 2.2 via a one-click installation on my web host service 110mb.com.

I want to install a templat to it, so I downloaded this template:

template

But I don't know how to install it. I've never gone through the osCommerce installation, all I did was install it through the one-click method on my web hosting service.

Please all help would be appreciated. If you know of a service that can install it for me that would be great!

just unzip the file to a folder and then replace the same files and folders in your site with the ones you unzipped

easy huh?

[EDIT]

Well I copied all the template files and overwrote them over the original files, and when I tried to go to my site I got this error:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

So then I created a new php.ini file that said register_globals = on in the admin,install, and osCommerce folders, but I still get that error.

[EDIT]

Well I copied all the template files and overwrote them over the original files, and when I tried to go to my site I got this error:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

So then I created a new php.ini file that said register_globals = on in the admin,install, and osCommerce folders, but I still get that error.

Hi, What you need to do is find .htaccess file in Cpanel/filemanager/ in the server root folder. (before public_html) It should be a blank file. Edit the file : "php_value register_globals On" without the quote marks, and as is. Don't capitalize, except for "On"

I have had no probs with it since I did this.

As usual, ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST.

Mark

Archived