• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I add more images?

Benjjj6

Hi

Im looking for the right contribution that will allow me to add more images to each product description whilst also work with 'On The Fly' Image thumbnailer. So far it looks like I have to settle for one or the other.

Why is there no contribution that combines both, the image thumbnailer is great because it creates smooth images that are smaller in file size whilst still allowing you to have a popup image that is bigger. The extra image contributions that i've seen make you add a small and a large version of the same image. Why dont they just combine both contributions?

It at least makes sense to me.

Can anyone recommend a contribution that will do both, or a good extra images contribution that doesnt make you add multiple sizes of the same image.

Thanks,

Ben :thumbsup:

Try this one, I use it and it works great...

UltraPics - MS2 Image Addon Pack!

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

thanks for the really quick reply nick, its nice when you get an answer back quickly! :D

I was planning on installing UltraPics although when I downloaded the install files I looked at the screenshots and saw it said if I add a large image then it will show the image on the product_info page full size and I have to add a smaller image if i want it to be small on product_info and then add a larger image for the popup_image (unless i've misread it)

heres the screen shot i'm talking about

edit_product.jpg

Im also having another problem with images at the moment, I had previously installed more pics 6 but due to the fact that it left me with a few problems i restored the files i had backed up before i installed it. however it has still left me with the problem of the images being different sizes when a customer is browsing the site. For example: take a look at this page, http://topgoth.co.uk/accessories-wristbands-c-76_86.html

As you can see, the grey bars containing the price all used to link up although now i have this problem as all the thumbnails are not the same size, do you know how I could solve this problem?

The large images are for the pop-image for you main product image. You do not have to add a pop-up image. The other 6 options below that will place additional images on the product_info page whether in small or large.

As far as more pics I can't help you because I don't use it so I don't know anything about it.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

if I add a SM image will that same image be used for the image in the popup as on the page if i dont add an XL image. Also if the SM image is in fact large in size will in be scaled down to fit the small image restrictions set in the admin panel?

Also, its very strage how I restored the backup files from before but in the admin panel it still has a MorePics link in the left hand column under configuration that works, I dotn understand how it could still be there, hmmm maybe ill try restoring again.

If you don't add a XL image for your additional image just a sm image then you will get no pop-up for your small image on the product info.

You need to go into your Database and uninstall the entry for MorePics link in the left hand column under configuration.

well, im not sure I want to delete more pics anymone, it could have worked well as an image contribution apart from the problems i was having in the link i posted above.

Its a shame people dont provide enough support for their contributions, of course we all appreciate their work in the first place but its just so frustrating when you have a problem and not just a specific error message and no one can help you. your only option is to undo the last few hours you spent comparing files as you restore your backups.

thanks for your help Nick, although More pics was almost working apart from the irregular sizes of the thumbnails in this link: http://topgoth.co.uk/accessories-wristbands-c-76_86.html

I feel that because it is working up to this point I should really try again to resolve the problem, alternatives such as additional images was too complex to install as my site is so heavily modded. any help you can give relating to the sizes of the thumbnailes i would really appreciate, otherwise ill post in the More Pics support topic and see if i get a response this time.

thanks,

ben

Archived