• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Entering Attributes--Am I missing something?

NashvilleDan

I'm new to the osCommerce world, but am I missing something simple here?

I have a small store, but am selling pants that have around 120 different entries... so I'm entering 28-30, 28-31, 28-37 Unhemmed, 29-30, 29-31, ... you know the routine....

But when I view the dropdown, they are all jumbled... and I can't get them back in the order they are supposed to be in!

How do sort these blamed things?

Dan

good luck getting/finding an answer to this. I have been troubleshooting this issue for a long time and noone will help me. I have been posting in the general support forums.

i have changed many things in my code trying to get it to fix. things change orders, but still not the order that I need. I think something is wrong with my admin area as well. Maybe not though... i wouldn't know because i dont know where to get help for this.

if you find any help or answers, will you PLEASE let me know!!! Thanks and Good Luck!!

first i was told to change this code:

$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");

to this:

$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_id");

doesn't work for me, maybe you???

I'm new to the osCommerce world, but am I missing something simple here?

I have a small store, but am selling pants that have around 120 different entries... so I'm entering 28-30, 28-31, 28-37 Unhemmed, 29-30, 29-31, ... you know the routine....

But when I view the dropdown, they are all jumbled... and I can't get them back in the order they are supposed to be in!

How do sort these blamed things?

Dan

There is a contribution that can be used to set the attribute order.

Probably You need to look into that.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived