• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Images

SLRwebdesign

I am using the admin tool to add new products and update existing ones.

I have FTP'd the required images to the correct images folder. Category images can be entered and changed.

Product images only asks to browse my computer for them. When I preview, the images is broken. Right click and properties reveals the image link for all my broken images is h ttp://www.kidstyles.com.au/shop/images/

No image file name at all.

I looked on the knowledge base oscommerce site, which shows a completely different editing setup, with tabs etc ( see http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...ool/Catalog/147 )

Any ideas? Should I just manually enter the product image names somewhere? If so where/which file?

How are you connecting the image to the product? This is generally done by adding the image from the product page in the admin console. This way the database is updated as to what image for each product and then displayed accordingly.

OK, I now have the images working on the shop, but I could not connect them on the admin console. I had to go to the databas and manually add them in one at a time. You can see the obvious issues I have with that :wacko: .

Does anyone know if the admin panel can be altered to correct this issue?

I am not afraid of going deep into any code to change things.

OK, I now have the images working on the shop, but I could not connect them on the admin console. I had to go to the databas and manually add them in one at a time. You can see the obvious issues I have with that :wacko: .

Does anyone know if the admin panel can be altered to correct this issue?

I am not afraid of going deep into any code to change things.

Just had that exact same problem on the new version its the permissions on the image file !!

Darren

Archived