• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Registration and PayPal payment problems

TBBucs

1.) Registration problem

When I fill out and submit the new customer registration form, the page it sends me to has an error that says:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\AppServ\www\osCommerce\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\AppServ\www\osCommerce\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:520) in C:\AppServ\www\osCommerce\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

I checked the customer list in the admin panel: the information was successfully registered and the customer appeared in the Customer List, so at least that is good news.

2.) PayPal problem

I added an item to my cart and proceeded to check out, selecting PayPal payment. When I clicked continue, though, PayPal came up with an error message that said:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem.

The email address I login to the site with is a valid PayPal account email. Do I have to input a registered PayPal email address somewhere in the checkout process? If so, how?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well Are You sure What email address You have placed for Paypal thru admin.

would suggest to edit and rewrite.probably some blanks or special chars in it.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

You are working on a localhost......... Did you configure your smtp email? and if so will it send and receive email for the catalog. My guess is that is what your issues are.

I enabled smtp in the admin panel, but that is all. What else do I have to do to configure it properly?

Did you configure your php.ini and enable email there?

These are my php.ini settings. Everything appears correct, as far as I can tell.

[mail function]

SMTP = localhost

smtp_port = 25

If You ask Your hosting company on smtp setting matter and the logs and analyse them might help.As SMTP does some cheks.

else chaneg send from smtp to some other mailing system thru oscommerce admin.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I had similar problem and on registeration was getting the similar message. Probaly Jacob has to configure his catalog/includes/classes/class.smtp.inc file, where localhost is default setting. This needs to be replaced by the address of his smtp server with user name and password if any. Thats what I did and it is working fine.

My problem is that I cant send the email from admin panel by sent email option I get similar message which is as follows:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected] in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\classes\email.php:520) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 22

If I add smtp server details here (as follows) this message disappear but still doesnot send the email.

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

// begin smtp authentication

include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . '/classes/class.smtp.inc');

$params['host'] = 'smtp.abcd.co.uk'; // The smtp server host/ip

$params['port'] = 25; // The smtp server port

$params['helo'] = 'abcd.co.uk'; // What to use when sending the helo command. Typically, your domain/hostname

$params['auth'] = TRUE; // Whether to use basic authentication or not

$params['user'] = '[email protected]'; // Username for authentication

$params['pass'] = 'password'; // Password for authentication

$send_params['recipients'] = array("$to_addr");

// The recipients (can be multiple)

$send_params['headers'] = array("From: $from", "To: $to_addr", "Subject: $subject");

$send_params['from'] = '';

// This is used as in the MAIL FROM: cmd // It should end up as the Return-Path: header

$send_params['body'] = "$this->output";

// The body of the email

is_object($smtp = smtp::connect($params)) AND $smtp->send($send_params);

// end smtp authentication

} else {

Once it also said that this is not defined "include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . '/classes/class.smtp.inc');"

Any suggestions

I just resolved this issue by deleting a line above this code ieline 538 and with folloeing change in the first few lines of the above code:

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

// begin smtp authentication;

$params['host'] = 'smtp.abcd.co.uk'; // The smtp server host/ip

I also added following two lines (the lines which are in bold letter) in the begining of this email.php file as suggested elsewhere on this forum:

Renamed and Modified by Jan Wildeboer for osCommerce

*/

ini_set("SMTP","smtp.abcd.co.uk");

ini_set("sendmail_from",$from);

class email {

var $html;

obviously abcd.co.uk should be your smtp server address.

Hope this will be useful for someone.

Sohail

Archived