• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Way to add a note to checkout page when customer purchases certain product?

kellystee

I need to put note on the first checkout page if the customer has a certain item in their shopping cart. So, for instance, if they purchase a new pair of sandals that's on pre-order, on the first page of checkout, I want a big red box with black writing that states: "Item xxx is a pre-order. Please note, we're expecting this item to ship on 10/01/2007." Or something like that.

So wouldn't I need something like an if statement that is smart enough to recognize that a certain product was in the cart and then put up the notice? I have no idea how to do this. Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Kelly

OSC already does this as long as you have display sold out items set in the configuration and able to checkout sold out items.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

OSC already does this as long as you have display sold out items set in the configuration and able to checkout sold out items.

Yes, but I need to put other random warnings related to products on the checkout page depending on the item in the cart. Do you know I could do this?

Kelly

Archived