• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how do I ? change image link to text link

phantompressents

if the below code defines the basic search function box in osc how do i edit the code so it will display a text link "search" instead of a quick_find.gif

Thanks in advance

<?php $hide = tep_hide_session_id(); 
echo '<form name="quick_find" method="get" action="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false) . '">';
echo $hide . '<input type="text" name="keywords" size="15" maxlength="30" value="' . htmlspecialchars(StripSlashes(@$HTTP_GET_VARS["keywords"])) . '"> ' . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);
echo '</form>'; 
?>

code

' . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);

change to:

<my submit button or link here>';

you see the difference?

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

thanks web-project but that only creates a link to the page i specify i think, rather than taking the entered search term and submitting it

or have i got it wrong.. cheers

<?php $hide = tep_hide_session_id(); 
echo '<form name="quick_find" method="get" action="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false) . '">';
echo $hide . '<input type="text" name="keywords" size="15" maxlength="30" value="' . htmlspecialchars(StripSlashes(@$HTTP_GET_VARS["keywords"])) . '">  <a href="http://www.branded-clothing.co.uk/catalog/advanced_search.php"> Search</a>';
echo '</form>'; 
?>

this code is code for search form, if you want to create link to search page you will need to update your code to:

<?php
echo '<a href="http://www.branded-clothing.co.uk/catalog/advanced_search.php"> Search</a>';
?>

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

this code is code for search form, if you want to create link to search page you will need to update your code to:

<?php
echo '<a href="http://www.branded-clothing.co.uk/catalog/advanced_search.php"> Search</a>';
?>

its not a link to the search page as such. but instead of the image being clicked to submit the search the word submit or search is used in stead. and i really dont want to have to use an image.

problem is sofar ive only been able to make a link and not a submit link. so it takes me to advanced search and not display the users search request

Archived