• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

stylesheet.css changes have no effect

rhodesengr

A couple of posts down, I was asking about how to change the overall background color. Since then I have tried changing a number of colors in stylesheet.css. The problem seems more universal.

No changes I make to styelesheet.css seem to have any affect. I have tried changing the the text size, hover color, and many others. No affect.

Other things have worked like chaning the logo but thats not in the stylesheet file

That's not really possible, is it? Either your site has styles, therefore you are doing something wrong with the syntax or, you have no styles so the stylesheet isn't being read.

Or another or, you are changing the admin stylesheet.

Which one?

Hello:

Make sure you are changing the ccs in the catalog/stylesheet.css. Download the css on to your computer and make the desired changes. Upload to your server and replace or rewrite the existing css. One thing that i have found to be really helpful with the css is osCpmmerce Knowledge base.Click here.

This tells you line per line what it is you are changing on the css.

Hope this helps.

Mrs.Flyingv

The file I am editing is /catalog/stylesheet.css

I have tried changing it by ftp ing to my local PC and then re-uploading and I have tried the built in file editor. Either way, any changes made to the style sheet have no effect. See below, I am posting a link to my CSS file.

www.essential-stuff-store.com/oscommerce/catalog/stylesheet.css

I don't see any problem with that stylesheet. You have changed the background color and I managed to change the font sizes.

If you are still having problems, it is probably as Maggie suggests. You need to use Ctrl+R for a hard refresh.

Well yes I did change the background color to bright red. Then I went back to the style sheet to change to different color. It was stsuck in red. The way I got it to change was to add the url in the second line below from the config file. I got this idea from other posts where otheres have had this problem with internet explorer. So its not really working at least for me. I have a light blue set in the style sheet. I have yet to be able to see that. If I revert to my old config file, I get the whote back but I can delete the style sheet entirely and get the same thing. So its some sort of path problem maybe just for IE. cntrl R does not help.

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://essential-stuff-store.com/');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://essential-stuff-store.com/');

a futher note. I load the site on a different computer and got the light blue. But then I changed the style sheet (from the first PC) and then relaoded on the second and got no change. So something is still not set up right for IE.

A Final note. I think I have it working now. It did require that change in the config file. Changes update with a simple refresh in Firefox. Changes update in an unpredictable way in IE. So for now I guess I'm cool. It just took freakin all day !@#$%^%&^&*(

• 4 weeks later...

Also, what did you change in the configure.php file to get your .css to work?

A Final note. I think I have it working now. It did require that change in the config file. Changes update with a simple refresh in Firefox. Changes update in an unpredictable way in IE. So for now I guess I'm cool. It just took freakin all day !@#$%^%&^&*(

Archived