• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changed index.php syntax errore

twilightballoons

Hi,

As I said in my previous posts I am very new to oscommerce and am trying to get the hang of things, but mistakes will happen - even stupid ones!!

I have been following the oscommerce beginners edition book and have had a rather stupid mistake that I cannot fix, although if someone out there has know php will be able to fix in an instance, I on the other hand forgot to note what I was doing and am stuck!!

I have been trying to change to text on the main page of my shop via php, now all I am getting is this:

public_html/osc/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

The lines in question are this:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed</b>. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional. '<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') .

Now I know that I have screwed around with the settings and made the mistake on the main text line, but for the life of me I cannot remember what I have done wrong - next time I will have to use a pen and paper!!!

If someone could please tell me what I have done wrong then that would be great.

Thanks.

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, <b>any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed</b>. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif'));

Give that a try.

I'm not sure the imbedding of the image will work here.

That may need to be done elsewhere.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Cheers germ, but after tearing my hair out I made a fresh rebuild of oscommerce so everythings back to as it was, which luckily I had not changed hardly anything.

From now on I will make sure that if I make changes to the php that I will either use an editor or make a copy before the changes!!

A difficult lesson to learn I think but glad I learned it very early on!!!!

Cheers.

Archived