• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

google how long does it take!?

lomaximus

when you type keywords into google what ranking does your page come up?

Have you got SEO assistant installed? Whats your page ranking on that?

I don't know a lot about SEO - but it may be worth googling. There is loads of information out there.

----------------------------------------

Minxy :)

"Keep plodding on to achieve your dreams"

Its not even showing in google!!!! so i have no ranking!! I submitted the website to google about 2 months ago!

Cheers for the reply tho Mrs Minx

when you type keywords into google what ranking does your page come up?

Have you got SEO assistant installed? Whats your page ranking on that?

I don't know a lot about SEO - but it may be worth googling. There is loads of information out there.

patients grasshopper patients.......

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Excellent piece done by Jason on Google Sandbox.

I have a sitemap on my website + SEO contributions and I haven't submitted my site manually to any search engines. My ranking is a 3 - which I 'believe' is an average. I know I should be reciprocal links, but haven't gotten myself into gear yet.

Have you got a robots.txt file in your root directory?

I hope you haven't over-used keywords - as sometimes search engines can penialise you for that.

Regards

Minxy

----------------------------------------

Minxy :)

"Keep plodding on to achieve your dreams"

Never head of sand box!!! lol!! you expect nower days everything to be instant! suppose it makes good sense for google in the long run!! plus the money from adwords!

hi minx i haven't got robots.txt in my directory what does it do??

How long did it take to get a ranking of 3?

Apparently according to the seo on 1 and 1 i haven't used too many keywords so that stands in good stead!!

what are reciprocal links?

Thanks guys!!

patients grasshopper patients.......

Personally I don't think page rank means anything. I have seen some rather popular site have PR of 1-2 and sites that are dead have high page ranking. I would focus more on getting your products index and search relevancy.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Am also having problems with the search engines. With the old site address http://www.brs-giftshop.com/html I had many visitors to my site. Could type several of the keywords and I would see my site near the top.

Couple of months ago I installed oscommerce. Last week I installed SEO URL but had a few problems. I did go to the support link in the contribution to explain my problem. But still waiting for answer.

This is what I posted.

I had it almost working. My problem was regardless what link I clicked while browsing the product list on the index page, it would not take me to the product_info page. It takes me back to the index page. I even tried the links in whats new or specials. So if by chance you do reply to this post, let me know first. Because I backed up the files and put the other files back on server.

If not put in the right section, please direct me in the right direction.

Thanks

Bennett

Google is a law unto itself :lol:

Getting indexed is easy enough, just get a link from a website that is already crawled regularly. Then change your content regularly to keep the bots from getting bored and forgetting you.

As for doing well in Google organic listings, if you are in a competitive market forget it for a while and yes probably use adwords as they just don't like new sites. Lots of the SEO articles widely agree that Google uses an age filter and keeps new sites on the sidelines. Unfortunate side effect of them trying to sort spam problems.

Keep doing all your SEO work and it will probably pay off quickly in yahoo, msn etc as they are more simplistic.

That is my experience but if ayone knows any different then do tell :thumbsup:

Archived