• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product description

ade_waqar

Hi guys...

to understand my problem.. you will have to visit my site www.vmart,pk and from there select a product and go to the product description page of that product...Now my problem is that despite repeated attempts i am not able to change the font size of the description as currently it is too small....Apart from that also notice that the image (on the description page) is left aligned and the text starts somewhat untidily from the left...isnt there any way that the text can come beneath the image? and the title of the product on top of the image rather on its rite???

Someone here gave me a site of css tutorials but i am totally blank on css and i wznt able to change it...can someone tell me the tagging n give probably the tags which i need 2 change in order to

i) Increase the size of the product description (on both the main page and the description page)

ii) Make the image come on top of the text and not on its side

iii) Make the title of the product come on top of the image and not on the side of the image

Apart from this if you see on my mainpage www.vmart.pk you will notice that the best seller column is showing some products on a different line! I mean if the name is a lil longer its showing the rest in an unaligned manner in the next line which is looking untidy....please help me as my site is about 2 launch and small bugs like these are stalling that...

tnx

Hello.

i) Increase the size of the product description (on both the main page and the description page)

Try increasing the size in stylesheet.css in this tag

body, td {font-family:Tahoma,verdana,arial; font-size:10px; color:#2C1D0E;}

for example to this

body, td {font-family:Tahoma,verdana,arial; font-size:12px; color:#2C1D0E;}

ii) Make the image come on top of the text and not on its side

iii) Make the title of the product come on top of the image and not on the side of the image

You have to modify the product_info.php file, edit and give the layout you want

Apart from this if you see on my mainpage www.vmart.pk you will notice that the best seller column is showing some products on a different line! I mean if the name is a lil longer its showing the rest in an unaligned manner in the next line which is looking untidy....please help me as my site is about 2 launch and small bugs like these are stalling that...

modify the best_sellers.php file, chage the class, you should add a new class in stylesheet with a smaller font and use it there.

$bestsellers_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents" valign="top">' . tep_row_number_format($rows) . '.</td><td class="infoBoxContents"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $best_sellers['products_id']) . '">' . $best_sellers['products_name'] . '</a></td></tr>';

Thanx but i still dont understand....how do i modify the products info.php to get the layout i want? i mean waht aspects do i have to change?

The font size is NOT changed in product_info.php. It is changed in stylesheet.css. Every time you see class= in product_info.php it is a CSS instruction.

Eg. in approx. line 58, you have class="infobox"

If you look in spreadsheet.css, then you will find .infoBox Change font-size to suit your requirements.

That's just an example. Find the right Class command and then edit it in stylesheet.css and put in what you want.

By the way, you CAN hardcode CSS in product_info.php, but it's not a good idea and poor practice. Also if you don't know any CSS, then you would find it too hard

I understand the about the descrption font size and how i have to change it in stlesheet...but wat i dun understand still is the placement and alignment of the image in the description page...as i said i dont want the image to be on side of the text infact i want the title of the product to be on top of the image and the description should start from beneath the image and as you can see none of it is in my current settings...so how do i go about the placement of the image/

Hi

You are using a template, so it´s more difficult to exactly explain you what lines to change, but try the folowing:

search for this in producto_info.php

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="left" class="prod_info" style="border-right:10px solid #f0f0f0;">

<tr><td align="center" class="pic">

replace by:

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" class="prod_info" style="border-right:10px solid #f0f0f0;">

<tr><td align="center" class="pic">

Archived