• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Add to cart" does not work

TcRobert

Another web designer put together this cart for somebody who is now a client of mine (I was hired to take over the project), but it seems to come with some bugs... the most annoying is that it will not always add items to the cart... sometimes it works fine, others it doesn't.

I'm thinking it has something to do with setting the cookies on the browser, because it takes you to the "cart contents" page (like it should), but tells me that the cart is empty.

Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. At first we thought it had issues with Firefox, but now I can see that (at times) it can work fine in both, yet other times it can fail in both browsers.

The web site is www.SweetSamsJava.com

Any tips, suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!

Robert

Some code would be nice?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

What code would be good to post? I'm no expert here... :blush:

Your a web developer and you don't know what you are doing? I wouldn't let you client get word of this.

post the code of the page that the add to cart button doesn't work maybe?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

1. You might be loosing your sesion id, if you go to an external page, and got back to the shopping cart.

1. Try using database sessions in config.php

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Archived