• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Totally confused

mijet

I see no visual aides which I'm better with just strings of code and php itself just confuses me, but I'm ok at html, anyway I figured I'd sign up and just ask since I can't/find understand the problem at hand, essentially I have a template I have made but don't know exactly how to code it to look how I want it so I'm gonna pist a picture of what I'm thinking and hope someone can help, thank you in advance.

mylayoutdy5.th.jpg

I made this image 1024x768 so you could see that I want a background to the white layout which is 760x600. Now this layout is what I want my main page to look like, I haven't even thought about a page for the individual products themselves but figured if I could find a solution to this, that would come a lot easier, as you can see I want all my info at the top and products listed down in an expandable box. If it helps I have dreamweaver I also downloaded STSv4 but I still don't understand anything like I said I'm more of a visual person, again thank you.

Also I host a few site and the catalog/site are in a sub folder and I get site/folder/catalog... if anyone knows here how to get it to just be site/ that would be great, I edited the .htaccess in my options for the host for that folder to go straight to site/ so the folder wouldn't come up but now that I put osC on there it seems to add that. Again thanks to anyone who can help.

• 1 month later...
I see no visual aides which I'm better with just strings of code and php itself just confuses me, but I'm ok at html, anyway I figured I'd sign up and just ask since I can't/find understand the problem at hand, essentially I have a template I have made but don't know exactly how to code it to look how I want it so I'm gonna pist a picture of what I'm thinking and hope someone can help, thank you in advance.

mylayoutdy5.th.jpg

I made this image 1024x768 so you could see that I want a background to the white layout which is 760x600. Now this layout is what I want my main page to look like, I haven't even thought about a page for the individual products themselves but figured if I could find a solution to this, that would come a lot easier, as you can see I want all my info at the top and products listed down in an expandable box. If it helps I have dreamweaver I also downloaded STSv4 but I still don't understand anything like I said I'm more of a visual person, again thank you.

Also I host a few site and the catalog/site are in a sub folder and I get site/folder/catalog... if anyone knows here how to get it to just be site/ that would be great, I edited the .htaccess in my options for the host for that folder to go straight to site/ so the folder wouldn't come up but now that I put osC on there it seems to add that. Again thanks to anyone who can help.

Hi there,

I would suggest you start with downloading the latest version of oscommerce, then I would tweak it to suit you and your customers needs i.e adding contributions, order tracking (which aren't standard with commerce).

Once your happy you've got everything you need then you can start changing the layout...I was the same as you, I use dreamweaver from a visual side and had no php knowledge but now I'm comfortable changing my store to suit my needs.

I can point you the right direction if need be, here's my site which I'm still working on... http://www.sherwoodauctions.co.uk

Regards,

Daniel