• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Cart help

andy07

When my customers log in they often automatically have their shopping cart recreated from their previous session. Could anyone tell me how to avoid this? I'd like the customers to start with a fresh empty cart whenever they log in.

Thanks!

maybe this could work, go to admin >> sessions and set recreate session to TRUE

Thanks erollorD, but for some reason when I set recreate session to true I can't get past the login.php page. Also I know that oscommerce saves the shopping basket to the database and will load this when the user logs in. I need something that will flush this table. At the moment the only solution i can think of is to use some kind of a cron job to delete customer baskets that are older than a set duration. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've had a search through the contribution page but haven't been able to find anything that meets my requirements, however I do find the contribution repository quite hard to find what you're looking, the contribution names/description rarely help either.

When my customers log in they often automatically have their shopping cart recreated from their previous session. Could anyone tell me how to avoid this? I'd like the customers to start with a fresh empty cart whenever they log in.

Thanks!

Look in login.php

You'll see:

// restore cart contents
       $cart->restore_contents();

Try commenting it out. Haven't tried myself but that's my wild guess :)

Archived