• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders Table not Populated

The10thDoctor

Hi.

I have an issue that on the surface seems to have been experienced by many people. However, it is not exactly the same as posted elsewhere.

INSTALLATION DETAILS:

UK based OSC2.2 site

PAYMENT MODS: Protx Direct, PayPal

SHIPPING: Multivendor Shipping, Royal Mail Full

PRODUCT OPTIONS: QTPRo4.3

THe problem is this: Customer places an order, and pays by Credit/Debit Card (Protx), or via Paypal. Order confirmation is received by email. Payment details are correct, and purchase can be tracked on the Protx and Paypal admin sites. However, the product details are not being populated in the Orders table in MySQL, therefore cannot be seen in Admin, the customer's Order History, Invoices or Packing Slip. Shipping is calculated correctly, but as there is no product entered, the product price is 0.00.

Anyone got any ideas? The first thing I really need to know is at what stage the order is actually written into the Orders table. Then at least I can check the code in the relevant PHP file.

Any help gratefully received,

Site is www.whitbyanglingsupplies.com

Regards,

Mick

The first thing that comes to mind is that your payment services (Protx Direct, PayPal) are not returning the customer to the checkout_success.php page.

Not sure about Protx Direct but there is a PayPal IPN contribution that will help if this is in fact the case.

Hope this helps...

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

The first thing that comes to mind is that your payment services (Protx Direct, PayPal) are not returning the customer to the checkout_success.php page.

Not sure about Protx Direct but there is a PayPal IPN contribution that will help if this is in fact the case.

Hope this helps...

Actually, the customer gets returned to the site no problem. This issue did affect Paypal, but I found the fix for this elsewhere on the forums. The key symptom for that is that the order remains in the customer's basket. Protx didn't suffer this, and now Paypal doesn't, either. The thing is, that an order entry is made in the orders table, and an equivalent row is present in orders_products. However, all the values are zero (if numeric) or null.

Therefore, I think it may be that the MySQL command that writes the details to the customer basket, may differ from that which writes the details to the order tables.

This is post has now given me a clue, so thanks for being my inflatable penguin. (if you don't know the reference, I'll explain it in a later post...).

Off to test a theory now.

Thx

OK, so the theory didn't work.

I actually think the problem is in the changes to the MySQL code when adding the QTPro option. Obviously, the orders need to contain Attribute details, so that the right variant gets shipped, and the right variant stock gets reduced (stock is amending correctly by the way).

I need to know, though, whether it is checkout_process.php, or checkout_success.php that writes to to TABLE_ORDERS.

when you go to admin/customers list, what do you see when you click on a customer?

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

when you go to admin/customers list, what do you see when you click on a customer?

Hi Monika,

Well you get a list of all the customers who have created an account, and then when you click on an individual you get details of when the account was created, time they last logged on, number of times they've logged on, their country, number of reviews they've written, and the number of address book entries. You also get the buttons that allow you to view their orders, edit/delete their details, email them, insert an address, or edit an existing address.

However, when you click on the orders button, it lists their orders. If you select an individual order, it does not list the line items, but gives the correct subtotal, postage and total price.

So, orders are being created, just details not being populated.

double check in your database please if the deatisl are not populated, or just not displayed - both is possible at this stage.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived