• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Description Formatting around image

stuff4spot

I'd love to make my description wrap around the image so it doesn't look so jumbled and ugly.

Here's a specific product link:

http://www.stuff4spot.com/product_info.php...ed0e70d2d7134e1

Please help! Also, are there any osCommerce chat rooms to help people out live? Another issue is I'd love to add another 'special products' column on the right side of my site with extra products. Is this possible without going crazy with scripting? I'm not very good at this stuff and implementing all this is driving me INSANE!

i'm bukaspaar on aim, [email protected] on aim and that's also my email. please help. i'd really appreciate it.

-mike

You can wrap the description but the problem you have, is the image and description are in seperate cells. That is why they appear to run parallel. You need to get them together in the same cell, then you can put an align attribute either on the image or the containing table.

Make a copy of your product_info.php so you have a fallback to where you are now, then jump in and play with the code. Look for this:

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

and you'll find the table the image is in. Get that table into the same cell as the description and, like I said, you can put an align="left" or right, onto the table or into the image.

Where you can see, in the code above, hspace="5" vspace="5", you can add an align parameter there.

thanks a lot spax...OR...better yet. can i reorganize the info to look something like this? http://www.petstreetmall.com/Home-Training-Collars/2764/527/

so the order now is right below a few short bullet points and picture and then the main description is below that?

ALSO...how do you put the "regular price", "our price" (in red)

AND...what about the side stuff i mentioned before with the special products on a left column or something like that, just so there are more products listed on every page?

I don't know...any other recommendations to look my site more professional? I don't want to add anymore products until I have everything organized well, cause right now I'm really frustrated with the whole process/progress/EVERYTHING! arggh..

Thanks for your help and anyone else's. I REALLY appreciate it and would like to get my site functional and looking great so that all these monthly merchant fees etc. can actually amount to something without being wasted.

thanks again.

-mike

Archived