• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products Attributes Problems

NO Stress

I am working in the "product attributes". The problem I am having is once I have filed up the viewing page of each column (Product Options, Option Values, Products Attributes) it gives me the option to change pages (1 2 >>) but when I click on another page it just stays the same, if I can't see it I can't edit it.

Can someone please help?

Yes, I'm having this exact same problem! On two stores...It looks to me like it isn't setting the values for $attributes_page, $values_page, and $options_page with the parameters passed through the URL...so its always setting it to a default of page 1. I hacked it a bit with a few statements before the default check to set the values to the get parameter if its set. Not sure if this is the 'proper' way as it doesn't seem to remember what page the other portions were on (not sure if its suppose to).

Maybe someone can confirm this is a real bug? I don't think I had and contributions that effected this page.

I don't think I am knowledgeable enough to do that on my own and without fixing this problem I am lost, all that work down the drain, I wont be able to use this.

If any one could send me the code and were to put it (no smart remarks) I would be in you dept.

Not to be a jerk, but you're sure that you didn't do something to your browser that might cause this? I know in the past when disabling cookies, javascript, etc. I have created a similar problem. Other than that most people on here aren't going to know without being able to see the problem, i.e. being able to look at the page while the problem is happening which of course creates a security problem for you.

No I can't put out that kind of info. If there is a PHP file I can post just let me know.

I am using Mozilla Firefox so I tried it in Internet Explorer and no difference, I know I haven't put any special changes it it because I don't use it.

No I can't put out that kind of info. If there is a PHP file I can post just let me know.

I am using Mozilla Firefox so I tried it in Internet Explorer and no difference, I know I haven't put any special changes it it because I don't use it.

Is this happening for the latest 2.2 RC1. if so it is a problem noted in the thread below, along with a fix:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=268335

Is this happening for the latest 2.2 RC1. if so it is a problem noted in the thread below, along with a fix:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=268335

Got it!!!!! I bow to your greatness! For those of you who need this too here is what I did and it worked.

yes it's a bug, here is a workaround I am using:

in your catalog\admin\products_attributes.php

after this code

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

add

$option_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page'] : '1');
 $value_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page'] : '1');
 $attribute_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page'] : '1');

Got it!!!!! I bow to your greatness! For those of you who need this too here is what I did and it worked.

yes it's a bug, here is a workaround I am using:

in your catalog\admin\products_attributes.php

after this code

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

add

$option_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page'] : '1');
 $value_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page'] : '1');
 $attribute_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page'] : '1');

yup, thats basically what I did that I explained earlier...sorry I wasn't around to post the code earlier. I knew it had to be a bug :D

• 2 weeks later...
yup, thats basically what I did that I explained earlier...sorry I wasn't around to post the code earlier. I knew it had to be a bug :D

I searched for hours today looking for a solution to the same problem.

This fix worked perfectly for me..Thanks ever sooo much.

Thomas0012

Archived