• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Administration Login

tireman

Hello,

Ive been trying to get the administration side of the application to work. The catalog works fine, however when I use the login and password and click login all the screen does is refresh. Ive been looking at the forum for the past few days, and I have tried many of the suggestions posted by the subscribers for similar issues, but mine is still not allowing the login.

The page is hosted by infoquest.com, so my access to certain root files may be hindered. Any help that you could pass on would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Ive been trying to get the administration side of the application to work. The catalog works fine, however when I use the login and password and click login all the screen does is refresh. Ive been looking at the forum for the past few days, and I have tried many of the suggestions posted by the subscribers for similar issues, but mine is still not allowing the login.

The page is hosted by infoquest.com, so my access to certain root files may be hindered. Any help that you could pass on would be greatly appreciated.

both the username and password are case sensitive, if your username is Admin and you type admin then the page will just refresh, try a few comberations of upper and lower case for both your username and password, let me know how you get on.

You need to go to Your control panel use password protect director icon.

Remove the password protect and then add it with new user name and password.

Probably You forgot Your password/user name combination.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I checked both my username and password, they are both right on. I cleared and reentered a new admin account in the administrator table to no avail. If I can ask, what password protect in the control panel are you speaking of?

There are two ways in which an admin can be protected.

1)Thru some php code that cheks data base for a set of values and allows login.

2)Thru server process that is htaccess.

So You need to first know is it thru some PHP code as there is a contrib is added will result in that.

if it is thru htaccesss then generally an htaccess files comes into existance that do have the path to htpasswd or a set of user name and password.

Satish

• 1 month later...

I am experiencing the same problem. I have installed osCommerce on a Windows 2003 Server using IIS 6.0. I have all the PHP Extensions installed and the installation went flawlessly. Everything is working except when I attempt to access the Administration Panel. When I login it simply refreshes the login screen. If I login using an incorrect login name and password I am notified of that.

Initially I had to manually update the Admin/includes/configure.php - I replicated the configure.php from the catalog includes for the most part.

I installed osCommerce in the ROOT directory of the Website if that makes a difference. Any hints/tips greatly appreciated!

Mike Oyler

which version of oscommerce was installed.

RC1 or the other.

As RC1 has data base level protection and other do have htaccess or folder level protection.

Satish

Archived