• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation hangs on step one!

inevitability

Hello,

Im trying to install osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2!. But it hangs on step one, it just keeps on showing "The database structure is now being imported. Please be patient during this procedure.". When I check the database I see that it has created a lot of tables and such but it just stays in that screen of waiting forever and never takes me to the next step in the installation. Thanks for your help.

This is the info it displays for me at the beginning:

PHP Version 4.4.4

PHP Settings

register_globals On

magic_quotes Off

file_uploads On

session.auto_start Off

session.use_trans_sid Off

Thanks.

Hello,

Im trying to install osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2!. But it hangs on step one, it just keeps on showing "The database structure is now being imported. Please be patient during this procedure.". When I check the database I see that it has created a lot of tables and such but it just stays in that screen of waiting forever and never takes me to the next step in the installation. Thanks for your help.

This is the info it displays for me at the beginning:

PHP Version 4.4.4

PHP Settings

register_globals On

magic_quotes Off

file_uploads On

session.auto_start Off

session.use_trans_sid Off

Thanks.

have you contacted your hosting provider?

it could be down to folder permissions, so i would contact them asking them why your unable to install oscommerce and describe the problem to them, and they will take a look into your account and should if there any good explain whats going wrong, i doubt you installing it wrong as oscommerce pratically made it fail safe, you could also log in via ftp useing smartftp right click on images folder and check permissions on it.

it could be down to folder permissions, so i would contact them asking them why your unable to install oscommerce and describe the problem to them, and they will take a look into your account and should if there any good explain whats going wrong, i doubt you installing it wrong as oscommerce pratically made it fail safe, you could also log in via ftp useing smartftp right click on images folder and check permissions on it.

Oh, I have downloaded the documentation and it didnt say anything about changing permissions. I can access via FTP and I know how to change permissions, which folders need special permissions and what permissions do they need? Thanks in advance. The documentation just said to upload "catalog" and then to run the install... And I am stuck in that step. :(

Oh, I have downloaded the documentation and it didnt say anything about changing permissions. I can access via FTP and I know how to change permissions, which folders need special permissions and what permissions do they need? Thanks in advance. The documentation just said to upload "catalog" and then to run the install... And I am stuck in that step. :(

the documentry for oscommerce? or for hosting?

make sure you havent uploaded os commerce in a folder called catalog, os commerce documentry wouldent mention permissions, thats why i recomeded going to your hosting rovider and asking them why its not installing, you would need read/write permissions in admin folder, images, i think that it, once you got past install it will tell you at the top of the page if you need to change permissions for anything else

Archived