• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ready to go

bruggeman

Hello,

I am new to osCommerce, and have just started working on getting my site up. I have all the basic configurations done I think, but what I want to do before I really get started and putting in products, is to work on changing little things on the template that is already provided. My goal is to purchase a really nice template, but I would like to learn a little first.

My questions are this:

- Where can I change the text that appears when I go to the main page of the store? the main page

- Are there any other generic templates that are already provided.

Thank you all in advance and can't wait to learn.

Hello,

I am new to osCommerce, and have just started working on getting my site up. I have all the basic configurations done I think, but what I want to do before I really get started and putting in products, is to work on changing little things on the template that is already provided. My goal is to purchase a really nice template, but I would like to learn a little first.

My questions are this:

- Where can I change the text that appears when I go to the main page of the store? the main page

- Are there any other generic templates that are already provided.

Thank you all in advance and can't wait to learn.

I would suggest you look in the GENERAL forum or the Installation Help forum, as you are at a very early stage. If you want a customised store, you have many months of hard work ahead.

You can purchase templates which will lay things out a little better, monster templates are quite good, and have good support to. Personally I would suggest you spend a few weeks getting familiar with how you edit the various php files for the relevant areas of the forum.

Archived