• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disable Advanced Search

Tara

Hi there,

I was wondering how one would disable or even get rid of the 'advanced search' option in the 'Quick Find' side box. I like the quick keyword search but feel like the advanced search is unnecessary.

Thanks in advance for any help....

Tara

Open your includes/boxes/search.php and remove this section of code

<br>' . BOX_SEARCH_TEXT . '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH) . '"><b>' . BOX_SEARCH_ADVANCED_SEARCH . '</b></a>

your search side box will now look like this:

<!-- search //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
						   'align' => 'center',
						   'text' => tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH) . '');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- search_eof //-->

Hi there,

I was wondering how one would disable or even get rid of the 'advanced search' option in the 'Quick Find' side box. I like the quick keyword search but feel like the advanced search is unnecessary.

Thanks in advance for any help....

Tara

worddddddddddd THANKS! that worked really well.

i left on the '<br>' . BOX_SEARCH_TEXT . ' right before the closing '); just so it would say "Use keywords to find the product you are looking for"......just if anyone else is going to try this.

thanks a ton!!!

Archived