• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Service / Order Fulfillment Panel

We own/operate an online store - and have a customer service center that is accepting calls, to provide order status, and order info to customers....

Is there a way to create logins (maybe restricted customer service logins) for OSCommerce, giving these reps access to just view order information? We don't really want to give the Username & Password for our Admin login, if it's not required.

Any direction is appreciated!

--Brian

We own/operate an online store - and have a customer service center that is accepting calls, to provide order status, and order info to customers....

Is there a way to create logins (maybe restricted customer service logins) for OSCommerce, giving these reps access to just view order information? We don't really want to give the Username & Password for our Admin login, if it's not required.

Any direction is appreciated!

--Brian

I'm fairly sure oscommerce can already do what you are looking for out of the box. From the admin you can add new administrator accounts by clicking on the "administrators" link in the left nav box. When you create a new admin account you can select from a list of privileges for that account. The "privileges" basically select what options will appear in the left nav menu for the given user. Looking at it quickly I'm fairly certain you can create "administrator" accounts that only have access to the "orders" section of admin.

I haven't tried this feature at all. One thing I would look into though if I had time, is whether the links are just being hidden from the admin or if admin access level is actually restricted. (ie. even if you aren't presented with a link in the menu, could a restricted admin account still access other areas of the admin if they know the correct URL...).