• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can we edit the "Powered by" thing at the bottom of the page?

ade_waqar

HI guyz...

can someone please tell me how can we edit/remove the "powered by (the name of the hosting co)" at the bottom of the page? I want to change it as i want to put something else there...so can anyone tell me where can it be found and edited????

Look at the bottom of includes/footer.php for

echo FOOTER_TEXT_BODY

You can either comment this line out and add your own echo statement OR edit the FOOTER_TEXT_BODY variable which is defined in includes/languages/yourlanguage

i'm not sure how to comment a line out.... can you help? thanks!!

something else in the pdf document says to comment a line out, but when I did what it said, it didn't work. So I assume I don't exaclty know what that means!

well, thats what I thought but when i did that on something earlier it didn't work, so thats why i was confused!! i tried it with to get rid of the box for the "what's new for MONTH" and it didn't take it out for me???

Okay.

At the bottom of this file you will see:

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY',

Just replace the existing text. In the language files as long as you only change the text between the quotes you can't do much damage really. Just make a back up so you can revert in case of accidents......

best wishes

• 5 months later...
So, can you explain what you did so other noobs can benefit to not having to search on the forum constantly please!

Cheers

Very few newbies search the forum.

Why would you want to remove it? Doing so may infinge copyright (you did check it out?).

Archived