• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

check out/login problems

I have an osCommerce running, (http://store.warheads.ca) and everything is fine as far as I can tell. I have been receiving orders fine for about 1 year now, but I have had a few customers contact me about some problems.

I can not reproduce these problems myself so I don't know what to do.

They say this is what is happening. . .

They create an account - everything is fine

They log into their account and fill up the shopping cart. (some customers claim this doesn't even work)

They go to "Check Out" and it sends them back to the login page. They can't check out.

OR,

They fill up a shopping cart as a guest, go to the check out, but when they log in nothing is in the shopping cart.

I, and many others, have been able to do these things fine.

What is wrong? Is it their computer? what do they or I need to change?

I have an osCommerce running, (http://store.warheads.ca) and everything is fine as far as I can tell. I have been receiving orders fine for about 1 year now, but I have had a few customers contact me about some problems.

I can not reproduce these problems myself so I don't know what to do.

They say this is what is happening. . .

They create an account - everything is fine

They log into their account and fill up the shopping cart. (some customers claim this doesn't even work)

They go to "Check Out" and it sends them back to the login page. They can't check out.

OR,

They fill up a shopping cart as a guest, go to the check out, but when they log in nothing is in the shopping cart.

I, and many others, have been able to do these things fine.

What is wrong? Is it their computer? what do they or I need to change?

ChadM,

This problem sounds like it may be related to the way the user's internet browser is configured. I would ask the user what browser/version they are using, and also their cookie settings.

Maybe there is a way to solve this with oscommerce's configuration sessions settings but I am not smart enough to know the answer to that :( Maybe some one else can help...

I worked with one customer, and set up my computer with the same browser and explained the cookie thing. Nothing ever worked.

Any other ideas?

I'm having a similar problem:

If a customer is logged in (which they will never do first), the cart works fine. Orders work fine, both normal and CCC.

If a customer puts items in their cart, then logs in as required at checkout, everything in the cart disappears!

I am using MySQL sessions, and cookies(i think). Around the same time that I was tinkering, my host, HostMonster, upgraded their cPanel and maybe PHP. So maybe that's related.

What I really need to know, is that when a customer checks out with items in cart, what happens between login.php, and shopping_cart.php where the items disappear?

Can someone show me where the session is stored in the DB? It seems to me that the session resets on login. And I know that I have Recreate Session set to false.

I never miss...

Archived