• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

left column boxes lower than right

WootCartoons

Check the last changes you made. If while the page is displayed in your browser, you go to the source code, you will see this. Try fixing it.

<td width="125?>">

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

i'm not really sure what you mean? I'm new at all of this, so please be patient with me!! Try fixing that code to what? And where at? I have no idea why they changed like this, they all used to be started at the top, but now that one side seems to be centered vertically.

Are you using BTS?

You need to find the page that is including those two side boxes. There will be a <td> surrounding the include and you need to put valign="top" in the td tag. that will make it snap to the top of the table cell and not to the middle.

ok, don't laugh at me. I'm not sure what bts means. ::rolling laughter starts!::

do you know what page that would be? the only page i think to look in off the top of my head is the column_left.php file, and there is nothing in there to change like that. I looked for that before.

thanks!

if you had BTS you would have a /templates/(name of template) directory available

You probably don't have it and i don't know how exactly to make this modification without BTS

Other people: Would he have to go through each /catalog/*.php page and change the <td> tag? Or, is there a main design page that controls this?

What you were told to do is open your index.php and correct that snip of code by removing the ? that is inserted inside your table code.

!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="770" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">

<tr>

<td width="125?>"><table border="0" width="125" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

In fact that whole line needs reworked.

well i looked for that code and there is nothing like that under the body tag info....???

If you find it, put back the valign="top" in that td cell and your boxes on the left will move up again:

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->

well i looked for that code and there is nothing like that under the body tag info....???

Please attach index.php from your site - instead of % --> ? has been defined, and perhaps valign =top has been removed.

Thx,

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Open index.php with text editor (notepad)

Search for string 'BOX_WIDTH' in code and check what is different.

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

This should bring the left column back to top.

Cheers,

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Archived