• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A product with different sizes - how can I list it?

Im currently just listing products on my site for the first time, and am just about to list some items of clothing I will be selling. The scenario is as follows;

The product is a T-Shirt

it comes in 3 sizes: small / med / large

The question is, how can I list this item? If I list it as one item, and ask the customer to specify the size at checkout I could hit problems....if for example one size sells out before all the others.

I could of course list each size as a separate product, that that doesnt seem a very good way of doing it to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can list it as ONE item, but allow the customer to select the size....and still have the ability to track stock for each size?

in your admin section create your product. once you have created the tshirt general listing, then go to the product attributes section. from there you can enter in your options on the product. I'm not sure if that calculates stock on each on or not though... i'm not that experienced yet!! :) hope that helps some!

in your admin section create your product. once you have created the tshirt general listing, then go to the product attributes section. from there you can enter in your options on the product. I'm not sure if that calculates stock on each on or not though... i'm not that experienced yet!! :) hope that helps some!

Very close, but let me continue it:

Catalog > Attributes > Name of option/name it "T-Shirt Size" > Insert >

Goto value of option > select the one we just created > type in each of the sizes > Insert

Goto prices > select each of the sizes and insert their respective prices.

The clients will get a drop down menu and will be able to pick which size shirt they want.

man of a reformed faith.

Goto value of option > select the one we just created > type in each of the sizes > Insert

The clients will get a drop down menu and will be able to pick which size shirt they want.

That does allow people to select sizes, however.... when entering the quantity in stock I would have to put the total combined quantity of all sizes. If one size size out first the option would still be there. Does anyone know if there is a way of still tracking stock in this way?

that is what I said, to enter those values. I just didn't lay out the step by step process of doing so as I figured it was pretty easy to figure out once you get there.

My worry about my answer was that it has it just as one product still, and it wouldn't calcluate stock on the individual sizes.

For stock on individual sizes You need to add qtpro contrib.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived