• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search Engine Problems

myscents

I am completley new to ecommerce and programming. My advertising company gave me the following report. Can anyone tell me how to fix these problems?

Search Engine Optimization Tools

Analyzing http://www.myscentsandmore.com

Title Tag A keyword-rich, focused page title (placed within your site's <title> tags) can improve your page's ranking considerably. Page titles are often listed in search engine results.

Result: Your site's title is myscentsandmore. It does not contain your main keyword Discount Jewelry and Fragrances, which will negatively impact your search engine listings.

META Tag Check This test verifies whether you've properly placed your META tags on your site.

Result: You haven't used our META Tag Generator yet. Use that tool, paste the tags into your site, and re-analyze.

Alt Attributes Any image on your web page should have an alt attribute that reflects the image's content. It's another place to stress your site's keywords, and a great way to increase your keyword density.

Result: You have images on your site with missing or empty alt attributes.

robots.txt This plain text file sits on your server, alerting any search engines that 'crawl' your site about how often to reindex and whether to follow links on your pages. An 'all-inclusive' robots.txt can improve your ranking.

Result: No robots.txt was found on your site!

Keyword Density Analysis It's impossible to predict search engine algorithms from month to month, but there are generally-accepted conventions for the appropriate ranges of keyword density -- the number of times your keywords appear on a page of your site, in relation to the total number of words.

Result: Your keyword doesn't appear enough times on your site. It should be mentioned once in the title, once in your META tags, and at least once in your main content as well.

oscommerce doesn't come setup with those items. You need to install a meta tagsa contribution, like the Header Tags Controller, and add a robots file (search the forums for an example).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons