• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Customers cannot register! Help

netiad

Hello,

I just installed oscommerce and I have been making a lot of changes. I recently tried to register as a new customer to test the paypal module I just installed. However it keep on saying fill in the required fields. I have fillled them all in.

Why can't I register as a new cusomter?

Thanks.

Hello,

I just installed oscommerce and I have been making a lot of changes. I recently tried to register as a new customer to test the paypal module I just installed. However it keep on saying fill in the required fields. I have fillled them all in.

Why can't I register as a new cusomter?

Thanks.

Clint, what type of changes have you been making? Have you been keeping a log of those changes? A backup?

You may have deleted some code that makes the call to the database.

Some things to look for:

1. Check the following line of code and be sure that they match:
    catalog/includes/configure.php:

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://yourstore.com');
    and
    define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://yourstore.com');
  2. You may have ssl set to true in your includes/configure.php file however, you do not have a ssl cert. If not then you need to set it to false.
  3. Do a file comparison with your current create_account.php file with that of your backup or a stock osC version of the same file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

You might have added some contribution.

There are two validations Java script and on submit a cross chek by PHP code.

So in a page there can be three places were the code is supposed to go.In the main form YOu might have missed it.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I erased everything through fantastico and then did a new install. Same problem.

I believe this is might be the problem. On the 4th step of the install it say the following.

Install OS Commerce (4/4)

The administration directory was protected.

So This might have caused it so no one can register an account? Help, I don't know what to do.

Archived