• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

I have a new issue with admin not retaining the settings in Merchant Calculated Shipping Configuration. I tried kicking the settings down to zero to only use certain shipping options. Both in sandbox and production modes. I have Carrier Calculated Shipping disabled. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thaniks in advance.

~Vid

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed the mysql database in the 3 tables intalled for GC have an error that reads: No index defined!

Anyone else run into this? I am thinking that may be why the settings aren't holding for merchant settings in the GC Dashboard.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

~Vid

This is a screen shot after I set everything to zero and saved. The settings just won't hold, and I noticed they don't ever appear in database. All of the other settings for the dashboard hold. This is just weird.

GC_Dashboard.JPG

Thanks in advance!

~Vid

This is a screen shot after I set everything to zero and saved. The settings just won't hold, and I noticed they don't ever appear in database. All of the other settings for the dashboard hold. This is just weird.

GC_Dashboard.JPG

Thanks in advance!

~Vid

Maybe it no longer allows it because it doesn't make sense to disable it, or they don't want to lose the sale. Why would you not want a backup method? Also I can tell you that GoogleCheckout fails to contact the Post Office about 50% of the time. My site gets a postage quote from the Post office 100% of the time, I have never seen it fail. I have this on my webpage:

GoogleCheckout: The GoogleCheckout payment service does not accept the shipping cost that my website fetches from the USPS. GoogleCheckout must fetch the rate itself. At times, Googlecheckout can not fetch the rate at all, then, Shipping will be a default rate of $2.50. In such times if you refresh, Googlecheckout tries to fetch the rate again.

My experience relates to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2

.Maybe it no longer allows it because it doesn't make sense to disable it, or they don't want to lose the sale. Why would you not want a backup method? Also I can tell you that GoogleCheckout fails to contact the Post Office about 50% of the time. My site gets a postage quote from the Post office 100% of the time, I have never seen it fail. I have this on my webpage:

GoogleCheckout: The GoogleCheckout payment service does not accept the shipping cost that my website fetches from the USPS. GoogleCheckout must fetch the rate itself. At times, Googlecheckout can not fetch the rate at all, then, Shipping will be a default rate of $2.50. In such times if you refresh, Googlecheckout tries to fetch the rate again.

I tried to disable everything, and just one default shipping method at a time . Either way the settings don't hold.

So Google checkout doesn't use my calculations for tare/weight and USPS? I am still fairly new at this so forgive me for my ignorance. I have read a lot of threads about Google Checkout not retrieving data from USPS then using the default. That is why I want to be able to change the defaults and disable flat rate and some of the options I don't use.

Google Checkout v1.5_rc1

PayPal_IPN_v2.3.3

USPS Methods 3.0

Edited by videod

Google uses your weight, but not your shipping quote from USPS, it gets it's own, and fails. Or so I've read.

Make sure the check boxes above jive with what your picking.

My experience relates to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2

Using sandbox; Google Checkout button appears on site, and the order information is displayed in the GC sandbox when I click it. I can complete the order and click the link within the sandbox to return to the site. However...

/googlecheckout/logs/response_error.log has many of these:

Fri Nov 19 10:26:12 PST 2010:- Shopping cart not obtained from session.

/googlecheckout/logs/response_message.log contains lots of lines that look like this:

Fri Nov 19 10:27:15 PST 2010:- serial-number=861915187450702-00001-7

GC Integration Console reflects an error and provides this description: "We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://truelynatural.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php -- the error we got is Send failed with code: 500. Response body was: Shopping cart not obtained from session."

One recommendation I've found is to go to the osCommerce admin / Configuration / Sessions, and set Prevent Spider Sessions to False. This was done two days ago, and the error persists.

The /googlecheckout/responsehandler.php script contains a line of code to "Retrieve the XML sent in the HTTP POST request to the ResponseHandler," which is stored in $xml_response. I added a line of code to log this response, and this is what it looks like:

RESPONSEHANDLER: xml_response: serial-number=803763634704575-00001-7

The responsehandler.php script checks for the session variable 'cart' and attempts to restore its contents. However, if the session variable cannot be detected as registered, or if it doesn't contain an object, then the script generates the error message I'm receiving ("Shopping cart not obtained from session"). So I'm also dumping the $_SESSION variable to my log, and this is what I get:

CHECKING SESSION from GOOGLECHECKOUT

SESSION: Array

(

[cart] =>

[language] =>

[languages_id] =>

[currency] =>

[navigation] =>

[wishList] =>

)

So it seems the session data is missing by the time Google Checkout needs to access it. And, while the php installation very sensibly has register_globals turned off, there is a local php.ini for this domain that turns it on.

So I'm still looking for that magical combination of configuration settings, flicks of the wand, and / or sweet talk to get Google Checkout to send back the data I need. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I tried to disable everything, and just one default shipping method at a time . Either way the settings don't hold.

So Google checkout doesn't use my calculations for tare/weight and USPS? I am still fairly new at this so forgive me for my ignorance. I have read a lot of threads about Google Checkout not retrieving data from USPS then using the default. That is why I want to be able to change the defaults and disable flat rate and some of the options I don't use.

Google Checkout v1.5_rc1

PayPal_IPN_v2.3.3

USPS Methods 3.0

You're going to have to modify the database settings, I think, in order to make a fix for that problem. It's a common problem, I noticed it before too but didn't attempt a fix.

Back again;

I also checked the response_error log and this is listed

Thu Sep 16 17:35:07 MST 2010:- Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

How can I fix this please?

Be sure to check in your admin to make sure you have correct id and key for production and sandbox and make sure you have no spaces before or after the id's and key's Run htaccess.php from your cpanel it is under admin/htaccess.php or run it in your browser and it will set the id and password for googlecheckout. A form will appear for you to fill out. Make sure the files that should be writeable set with the correct permissions are it will not work.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm not sure if you got this sorted but, if not, after a over week of sheer frustration this is what I found:

In: 'googlecheckout/library/configuration/merchant_calculated_shipping_option.php'

Change Line 138 from:

$input .= ' id="hidden_' . $key . '"';

to:

$input .= ' id="hid_' . $key . '"';

The problem is caused because the 'hidden' input ID starts with 'hid_', not 'hidden_' !!!!!!!!!! :'(

Now all I need to figure out is why GC still gives me £1 rates, although the DB now updates perfectly!!!

Strewth! This thing is a pain to get working! :angry:

Edited by Nigel_S

Using sandbox; Google Checkout button appears on site, and the order information is displayed in the GC sandbox when I click it. I can complete the order and click the link within the sandbox to return to the site. However...

/googlecheckout/logs/response_error.log has many of these:

Fri Nov 19 10:26:12 PST 2010:- Shopping cart not obtained from session.

/googlecheckout/logs/response_message.log contains lots of lines that look like this:

Fri Nov 19 10:27:15 PST 2010:- serial-number=861915187450702-00001-7

GC Integration Console reflects an error and provides this description: "We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://truelynatural.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php -- the error we got is Send failed with code: 500. Response body was: Shopping cart not obtained from session."

One recommendation I've found is to go to the osCommerce admin / Configuration / Sessions, and set Prevent Spider Sessions to False. This was done two days ago, and the error persists.

The /googlecheckout/responsehandler.php script contains a line of code to "Retrieve the XML sent in the HTTP POST request to the ResponseHandler," which is stored in $xml_response. I added a line of code to log this response, and this is what it looks like:

RESPONSEHANDLER: xml_response: serial-number=803763634704575-00001-7

The responsehandler.php script checks for the session variable 'cart' and attempts to restore its contents. However, if the session variable cannot be detected as registered, or if it doesn't contain an object, then the script generates the error message I'm receiving ("Shopping cart not obtained from session"). So I'm also dumping the $_SESSION variable to my log, and this is what I get:

CHECKING SESSION from GOOGLECHECKOUT

SESSION: Array

(

[cart] =>

[language] =>

[languages_id] =>

[currency] =>

[navigation] =>

[wishList] =>

)

So it seems the session data is missing by the time Google Checkout needs to access it. And, while the php installation very sensibly has register_globals turned off, there is a local php.ini for this domain that turns it on.

So I'm still looking for that magical combination of configuration settings, flicks of the wand, and / or sweet talk to get Google Checkout to send back the data I need. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Try going in Sessions and disabling all, most likely it is cookies that is causing this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does the 2.2 version work? Is the current mod up to date with the Google Checkout API?

No, I tried installing it but I can't because the code is so different. I noticed because I have to do it manually due to other mods. The mod is meant to work with 2.2 not 2.3, which is the problem.

• 1 month later...

I've been having trouble with my table rates transferring to Google Checkout.

Right now, it's only charging $0.00 at the checkout.

I've used the shipping generator to get the code to paste into the /googlecheckout/library/shipping/merchant_calculated_methods.php

So it shows Table Rate ($0.00) on google side's.

I've been looking at this for a couple of days and the only thing that I can think of is that the response handler url in the admin side is wrong.

Under my google dashboard, it says

API callback URL

For Level 2 integration, copy and paste this URL into the "API callback URL" field in the Google Checkout Merchant Center under "Integration->Settings" (links to this page in Sandbox and Production):

https://www.****.com/admgooglecheckout/responsehandler.php

instead of

https://www.****.com/admin/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

I put the correct url on Google's website though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm selling parts of all sizes and need to be able to charge shipping by weight.

Thanks!

I've been having trouble with my table rates transferring to Google Checkout.

Right now, it's only charging $0.00 at the checkout.

I've used the shipping generator to get the code to paste into the /googlecheckout/library/shipping/merchant_calculated_methods.php

So it shows Table Rate ($0.00) on google side's.

I've been looking at this for a couple of days and the only thing that I can think of is that the response handler url in the admin side is wrong.

Under my google dashboard, it says

API callback URL

For Level 2 integration, copy and paste this URL into the "API callback URL" field in the Google Checkout Merchant Center under "Integration->Settings" (links to this page in Sandbox and Production):

https://www.****.com/admgooglecheckout/responsehandler.php

instead of

https://www.****.com/admin/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

I put the correct url on Google's website though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm selling parts of all sizes and need to be able to charge shipping by weight.

Thanks!

I don't think that GC can be used with table rate shipping, it can be used with flat rate shipping.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Glad to find this topic, I am trying to install GC into 2.2 RC2.

And following:

http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-oscommerce/wiki/Installation_1_5_0

I have done the modified and the unmodified one, the Module is not coming up in Payment Modules in OS.

Your help please.

Thanks

• 6 months later...