• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

Hi all;

I ran a test through sandbox and apparently google has stopped working again.

Even with a US shipping address, I get the box "You do not have a shipping method" blah blah

Can anyone help me with this thing? I will even pay someone to get this working properly and

also set up international shipping as long as the rate is reasonable. I haven't had an order in 2 months and this is my living

here.

HELP !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am using a Chinese language pack.

All product info shows correctly on the shop, and when added to the cart.

For example 快遞服務 is stored in the database as å¿«éžæœå‹™ but displays on the shop correctly as 快遞服務

When I go to the Google checkout it displays as å¿«éžæœå‹™

Is there a fix for this, please.

I installed the latest GC mod, but I'm having some issues:

1. There are no orders posted to my site, they look fine in googlecheckout server

2. The logs for the responsehandler are empty and googlecheckout has no errors

3. I don't see googlechecout servers coming in my side by looking at who's online, it used to be there in older versions.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

I have the exact same problem as you are. hopefully someone can point us to the right solution

Are all of you folks using Google Checkout exclusively? Meaning the only method of checkout...

I currently use Google Checkout exclusively but I'm going to add Paypal and some kind of layaway.

Edited by speed777

I have the exact same problem as you are. hopefully someone can point us to the right solution

Your sessions settings can cause conflicts with GC. I wrote a post about this problem earlier, I don't remember offhand when I wrote it, do a search for 'sessions'.

Edited by speed777

I believe you need to be on a secure server, then you log into GoogleCheckout and enter the secure return page address in the field that's waiting there, somewhere.

My experience relates to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2

Hi all;

I ran a test through sandbox and apparently google has stopped working again.

Even with a US shipping address, I get the box "You do not have a shipping method" blah blah

Can anyone help me with this thing? I will even pay someone to get this working properly and

also set up international shipping as long as the rate is reasonable. I haven't had an order in 2 months and this is my living

here.

HELP !!!!

Could be that aside from shipping options on your website, you need to set them up at GoogleCheckout as well.

Google installer says to do this:

2a. <osc-directory>/catalog/admin/modules.php (LINE 45)

Replace:

case 'save': while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'"); }

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module'])); break;

With:

case 'save': // *** BEGIN GOOGLE CHECKOUT *** require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'googlecheckout/inserts/admin/modules2.php'); // *** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT ***

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module'])); break;

My module has this on line 45:

case 'save':

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

//begin USPS Mod 01/24/2010

if( is_array( $value ) ){

$value = implode( ", ", $value);

$value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);

}

//end USPS mod 01/24/2010

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));

break;

Any suggestions are welcomed.

I use USPS only, and your

//begin USPS Mod 01/24/2010

if( is_array( $value ) ){

$value = implode( ", ", $value);

$value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);

}

//end USPS mod 01/24/2010

Appears nowhere on my modules.php

I have:

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'save':

// *** BEGIN GOOGLE CHECKOUT ***

require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'googlecheckout/inserts/admin/modules2.php');

// *** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT ***

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));

break;

case 'install':

case 'remove':

$file_extension = substr($PHP_SELF, strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.'));

$class = basename($HTTP_GET_VARS['module']);

if (file_exists($module_directory . $class . $file_extension)) {

include($module_directory . $class . $file_extension);

$module = new $class;

if ($action == 'install') {

$module->install();

} elseif ($action == 'remove') {

$module->remove();

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $class));

break;

}

}

I use osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2

I am running the same version of OSC. However, I am using the USPS Methods 3.0 contribution. Perhaps you are using a different one? I would really like to get GC up and running. If I have to back out of the 3.0 contribution for another that may be an option.

I am running the same version of OSC. However, I am using the USPS Methods 3.0 contribution. Perhaps you are using a different one? I would really like to get GC up and running. If I have to back out of the 3.0 contribution for another that may be an option.

I believe I have methods, I don't know what version. The top says:

$Id: usps.php 3.0.2 2009-01-02 04:59:07Z user $

++++ Original contribution by Brad Waite and Fritz Clapp ++++

++++ incorporating USPS revisions to service names ++++

Copyright 2008 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

I am using the USPS Methods 3.0 contribution. I see that the //begin USPS Mod 01/24/2010 code that you are hesitant to replace, is contained within the referenced googlecheckout/inserts/admin/modules2.php, so it's the same thing, just replace it.

I am using the USPS Methods 3.0 contribution. I see that the //begin USPS Mod 01/24/2010 code that you are hesitant to replace, is contained within the referenced googlecheckout/inserts/admin/modules2.php, so it's the same thing, just replace it.

You are using a newer version of the same USPS module.

So if you check out with with PayPal the code in Modules2.php will be called somehow? Thanks!

Edited by videod

So if you check out with with PayPal the code in Modules2.php will be called somehow? Thanks!

oh you mean replace the code with the code within modules2.php.. thanks!

The somehow is the word "require". I think "require" is like "read it in here".

require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'googlecheckout/inserts/admin/modules2.php')

The somehow is the word "require". I think "require" is like "read it in here".

require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'googlecheckout/inserts/admin/modules2.php')

By the way thanks for all of your great information and patience.

I am puttting GC through sandbox testing at the moment... working out some of the kinks before I go live. I have found that Google Chrome doesn't return me back to the store without an error. Going to check MSIE next.

I didn't make any changes to my files other than what the Google Checkout instructions required. I was a little apprehensive about installing GC when a partner pointed out the possible code conflict. So far it appears there isn't any at all. I still need to run the store through it's paces and verify the old method still works (I am sure it still does).

Thanks again!!!

~VId